PDA

View Full Version : Read How Watchman Nee Destroys Mormonism

Parture
11-13-2015, 07:36 PM
If we are to disprove Mormonism, it must be achieved reverently by the words of the Bible and none else, because the 66 books of the Bible are inherent.

Mormons believe this: http://ldsdoctrine.blogspot.ca/2010/01/element-and-intelligence.html

This seems like atheism to me, thus no need for God. Some of it says...

"You ask the learned doctors why they say the world was made out of nothing and they will answer "Doesn't the Bible say he created the world?" They infer from the word create, that it must have been made out of nothing. Now, the word create came from the word baurau (sic), which does not mean to create out of nothing, it means to organize the world out of chaos - chaotic matter, which is element and in which dwells all the glory. Element had an existence from the time he (God) had. The pure principles of element which can never be destroyed; they may be organized and reorganized, but not destroyed. They had no beginning and can have no end." - History of the Church 6:308-9

"Element had an existence from the time he (God) had." History of the Church 6:308-9
"Intelligence is eternal and exists upon a self-existent principle. It is a spirit from age to age and there is no creation about it." -The King Follett Sermon,
Joseph Smith Jr.

"The elements are eternal. Man was also in the beginning with God." D&C 93:27-36
"Joseph Smith taught that intelligence or the spirit of man was not created but is self-existent and co-eternal with God."
Joseph Smith “But if I am right, I might with boldness proclaim from the house tops that God never did have power to create the spirit of man at all” (Follett).

Watchman Nee exposes Mormonism as heresy when he writes in "Mystery of Creation",

In the original Hebrew, this initial verse of the first chapter of Genesis contains seven words which carry within themselves a sense of independence. These divinely revealed words do not say that in the beginning God “formed” or “made” the world out of certain raw materials. No, the heavens and the earth were created. This word “created” is “bara” in the original. So that in the beginning God bara the heavens and the earth. This word “bara” is used three more times in Genesis 1 and 2: (1st) “And God created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that moveth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind” (1.21); (2nd) “And God created [B]man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (1.27); and (3rd) “And God blessed the seventh day, and hallowed it; because that in it he rested from all his work which God had created and made” (2.3). To [B]“create” is to “call the things that are not, as though they were” (Rom. 4.17). These sea-monsters and living things not only had physical bodies but also had an animated life within them. They therefore required a [B]direct creative act of God. Thus it is only reasonable that the Scriptures should use the word “created” rather than the word “made” in these passages. In similar manner, though man’s body was formed out of the dust of the ground, his soul and spirit could not be made out of any physical material, and hence the Bible declared that “God created man in his own image.”

In the first two chapters of Genesis three different words are used for the act of creation: (1) “bara”—calling into being without the aid of pre-existing material. This we have already touched upon; (2) “asah”—which is quite different from “bara,” since the latter denotes the idea of creating without any material whereas “asah” signifies the making, fashioning, or preparing out of existing material. For instance, a carpenter can make a chair, but he cannot create one. The works of the Six Days in Genesis are mainly of the order of “asah”; (3) “yatsar”—which means to shape or mold as a potter does with clay. This word is used in Genesis 2.7 as follows: “And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground.” Interestingly, Isaiah 43.7 illustrates the meaning and connection of all three of these words: “every one that is called by my name, and whom I have created for my glory, whom I have formed, yea, whom I have made.” “Created” signifies a calling into being out of nothing; “formed” denotes a fashioning into appointed form; and “made” means a preparing out of pre-existing material.

The words “In the beginning” reinforce the thought of God creating the heavens and the earth out of nothing. There is really no need to theorize; since God has so spoken, let men simply believe. How absurd for finite minds to search out the works of God which He performed at the beginning! “By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God” (Heb. 11.3). Who can answer God’s challenge to Job concerning creation (see Job 38)?

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” This heaven is not the firmament immediately surrounding the earth; rather, it points to the heaven where the stars are. It has not undergone any change since it was created [over 13.8 billion years], but the earth is no longer the same.

To understand the first chapter of Genesis, it is of utmost importance that we distinguish the “earth” mentioned in verse 1 from the “earth” spoken of in verse 2. For the condition of the earth referred to in verse 2 is not what God had created originally. Now we know that “God is not a God of confusion” (1 Cor. 14.33). And hence when it states that in the beginning God created the earth, what He created was therefore perfect. So that the waste and void of the earth spoken of in verse 2 was not the original condition of the earth as God first created it. Would God ever create an earth whose primeval condition would be waste and void? A true understanding of this verse will solve the apparent problem.

“Thus saith Jehovah that created the heavens, the God that formed the earth and made it, that established it and created it not a waste, that formed it to be inhabited: I am Jehovah; and there is none else” (Is. 45.18). How clear God’s word is. The word “waste” here is “tohu” in Hebrew, which signifies “desolation” or “that which is desolate.” It says here that the earth which God created was not a waste. Why then does Genesis 1.2 state that “the earth was waste”? This may be easily resolved. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen. 1.1). At that time, the earth which God had created was not a waste; but later on, in passing through a great catastrophe, the earth did become waste and void. So that all which is mentioned from verse 3 onward does not refer to the original creation but to the restoration of the earth. God created the heavens and the earth in the beginning; but He subsequently used the Six Days to remake the earth habitable. Genesis 1.1 was the original world; Genesis 1.3 onward is our present world; while Genesis 1.2 describes the desolate condition which was the earth’s during the transitional period following its original creation and before our present world.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/moc12.htm

Parture
11-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Mormon,

Can you at least understand why your faith is like atheism from my perspective?

And thus, being atheistic, you are irreverent against God.

And if you will always reject the sole uncreated Creator, then you are going to Hell.

Can you at least understand this, by this evidence I supply from Scripture, even though you reject the Bible on these points?

Parture
11-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Other bizarre comments by Mormons.

"If God loses their trust [trust of intelligences] they may no longer respect and obey him, and he would lose his ability to govern them and would essentially cease to be “God”.

God ceases to be God? In Christianity God could never cease to be God because He created all things.

"I’d prefer that Christ not suffer because of the demands of these lesser beings."

If you don't understand why Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world then you are not a Christian, therefore, going to Hell.

"I’m not really sure that this theory accomplishes that. In this theory Christ’s suffering doesn’t appear to actually satisfy justice, but instead acts as a mechanism for subverting justice."

True justice is everyone goes to Hell, because God can have no fellowship with sin. No sinner can resolve his condition or refine his flesh by works or by way of strength. The only verdict is death for the flesh. It has no good in it even the good side of the flesh. The only solution is Jesus your Creator takes the penalty upon Himself. This is love. The way, the truth and the life. And only He has the authority to do so because He was alone from everlasting, before time and space, with the Father and Spirit as One Being in 3 Persons, co-equal, co-inherent, of one substance, each distinct but not separate because the Godhead is One Being. Praise the Lord! Why would someone accept an atonement by a created being? That could never satisfy.

"In this theory Christ’s suffering serves the purpose of moving the intelligences to compassion. His suffering does not pay any sort of legal debt, or pay a ransom, so it doesn’t really fit the other traditional models."

Compassion is a feeling. God can't change or renew your feelings of your soul if you don't accept what He did for you on the cross. A Mormon is not saved because in Mormonism Jesus doesn't "pay a ransom, by dying on the cross for the sins of the world. It means something other than that.

https://lehislibrary.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/cleon-skousens-intelligence-theory-of-atonement/