PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Believe the Universe Always Existed or Started Up from Nothing

Peter
07-15-2015, 08:59 PM
I do not believe the universe or universes could always have existed, because we are part of nature and therefore, if there was an infinite regress of cause and effects of nature, we would have had an eternity to come into being before now so we should have already happened. Self-contradictorily, we would never have existed because a past eternity would go on for eternity never reaching this point. A past eternity of cause and effects is a faulty construct.

I also don't believe the universe can start up from nothing, for that which does not exist can't cause anything as it doesn't exist. Nothing always leaves nothing from nothing.

I therefore believe that since nature can't start up from nothing nor always have existed, there is only one possibility that remains which is nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated.

I deem this uncreated Creator to be personal, intelligent and accessible because He can't be less than humans His creation who are likewise personal and accessible.

Of course, it is not good enough just to know God exists, for even the most evil person who ever lived knows this. Salvation entails submitting oneself to God. One way of not submitting yourself to God is by making God out to be what He is not. For example, by claiming He did not die and did not resurrect would be wrong.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [I]is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hades (grave) and of death. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 1.7,8,11,17,18; 21.5-7; 22.12,13).