PDA

View Full Version : Jeffrey Saut, Jim Puplava will be Wrong and Tom McClellan and Fat Pitch will be Right

Parture
06-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Again, unrepentantly, Jim Puplava in Saturday's broadcast said the individual is underinvested in equities in terms of asset allocation towards stocks, bonds and cash. He reminds people of this multiple times per week. But Fat Pitch blog shows Jim is wrong, dead wrong. Never has asset allocation into stocks ever been this high except in 2000.

http://fat-pitch.blogspot.ca/2015/06/how-investors-are-positioned-heading.html

Why do you think Jim keeps leading people astray? Is it for his own client base? Most likely. You want to keep your clients fully invested to make the maximum commission so that leads to the question... Is an investment company built on honesty?

What am I going to do? I believe Tom McClellan is right and the equities markets will top out here in July or Aug. 2015 based on Eurodollar commercials and the quiet disinterested period we are in by investors reflected in volatility. Everyone is ignoring the Dow Theory transports sell sign as well. We've reached the top in the 2nd term pre-election cycle. Markets are flat to down in 2016 and the first two years of the new presidency (2017, 2018). And though this is a strong year ending in 5 in the 10 year cycle, it has been shown this is irrelevant when the previous two years were up substantially as is this case. Jim Puplava, Jeffrey Saut and Chris Puplava will be LONG AND WRONG.

If we can short the S&P 500 at 2175 then I expect the S&P 500 to easily hit 1350 in 2016/17 for no other reason than peak earnings have been reached.

Reported earnings were 22.83(Q4 2014), 21.81(Q1 2015) and probably 20.75(Q2), 19(Q3), and 18(Q4). TTM reported earnings by the end of the year will be 79.56. Chris Puplava says companies are beating earnings estimates for the 2nd quarter 2015, but he is just looking at the funny numbers, disregarding reported earnings.

2175 / 79.56 = 27.3x PE
1350 / 79.56 = 17x PE.

How hard would it be to hit 17x PE? Very easily.