PDA

View Full Version : Is Kane Waselenchuk Cursed at Racquetball?

Parture
05-30-2015, 12:48 AM
I can't help think Kane Waselenchuk is cursed at racquetball and even finds it boring. He has had no challengers to push him like Cliff Swain had Sudsy Monchik and Marty Hogan had Mike Yellen. But that is a lot to ask for anyway since Sudsy and Mike were one of the top 5 greatest. Kane just didn't have anyone like that in his career.

The only players that I am holding out hope for are Coby Iwaasa and possibly Mario Mercado and Mauro Rojas. I can see sparks of brilliance in these three players.

Why would Kane be cursed? He is cursed because he never gave his life to Christ so there is no personal relationship with Jesus, no praise given to God and thanks to God the Father for the gifts he has received. All one need do is read through Jeremiah in the OT to see the consequences of not worshiping God of the Bible. The Holy Spirit does not indwell Kane's spirit which has not been regenerated with God's uncreated life and quickened intuitively by the Spirit. He exalts self. Never once has he ever declared the Lord Jesus as his Savior like Rocky Carson often does publically after a match. In response, God gives Kane a much weaker playing field than he would have had otherwise. I really believe this although I can appreciate how others might rationalize it away.

Think of all the non-Christians that would be motivated to beat him if Kane was a Christian - after all Christians have been martyred throughout the centuries as the original 12 Apostles were. Kane would be less bored. People would say the most talented racquetball player that ever lived was a Christian which would draw people to Christ. Satan influences a person to exalt one's talents while rejecting the Lord in order to ultimately lead a person to Hell.

And racquetballers would always say that if Yellen, Swain, Hogan and Sudsy had that many years to roam free without any serious challengers they too would have had just as many if not more season wins than Kane will end up having. If I was Kane and people said that about me, I would readily acknowledge I was under a curse by such statements. But I am a Christian and if I was in Kane's shoes, I am confident God would have given me a stronger playing field to challenge me more.

Kane and I both have B players to play 2-on-1 at the club level which provides a decent workout, but I have the the top 20 players across Canada to push me to be better in the 6 tournaments that I play every year (3 in Saskatoon and 3 national events).