PDA

View Full Version : The Earth Governs Heaven

Faithful
05-07-2015, 02:07 AM
The Earth Governs Heaven

“Verily I say unto you, What things soever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and what things soever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matt. 18.18).

What is characteristic of this verse? The peculiar point here is that the action on earth precedes the action in heaven. Not that heaven binds first, but that the earth binds first; not that heaven looses first, but that the earth looses first. Since the earth has already bound it, heaven will also bind it; since the earth has loosed it, heaven will also loose it. The action of heaven is governed by the action on earth. All that contradicts God needs to be bound, and all that agrees with God needs to be loosed. Whatever the thing may be, whether it should be bound or loosed, such action of binding and loosing begins on earth. The action on earth precedes the action in heaven, for the earth governs heaven. . . .

“Thus saith Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: Ask me of the things that are to come; concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me” (Is. 45.11). This is a most amazing statement. Are we surprised? Concerning His sons and His work God says “Command ye me.” People dare not utter these three words—“Command ye me”—for how can man ever command God? All who know Him realize that no presumptuous word should ever be uttered before God. Yet He himself offers this word to us: “Concerning my sons and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me.” This is none other than earth governing heaven.

Now obviously this in no way can imply that we can force God to do what He will not do; not at all. Rather, it simply means that we may command Him to do what He desires to do. And this shall be the ground on which we stand. It is because we know God’s will that we may say to Him: “God, we want You to do this thing, we are determined that You do it, You cannot but do it.” And thus shall we have strong and powerful prayer. How we need to ask God to open our eyes that we may see how His work is done in this dispensation.

For during this present age all the works of God are done on this very ground: Heaven desires to do, but heaven will not act right away; it waits for the earth to do first, and then it will do it. Though earth stands second, it nevertheless is also first. Heaven will move only after earth has moved. For God wills to have the earth govern heaven. . . .