PDA

View Full Version : Resisting Satan Wrongly

Churchwork
02-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Let us look at still another matter, that of the victory of the Lord Jesus. Once upon a time there was a brother who for several months was attacked by Satan both physically and mentally. He tried his very best to resist the enemy with prayer. But in spite of his earnest prayers, the attack continued. One evening he told the Lord: “I cannot resist any more because my strength is exhausted. I cannot pray any longer because I have used up all my praying strength. Lord, show me where the root of this situation lies.” Immediately God opened his eyes and gave him a word. He had seen the word before, although seeing it as through dense woods. Now he saw it clearly. And the word was simply this: “Is Satan worth my resisting?” He had never thought that resisting Satan could be a resisting wrongly. But that evening he saw the reality. The reality is, that Christ has already overcome; and since I am united with Him, I too have overcome. It does not say the Lord Jesus will overcome, and that I am therefore to try to hasten Him somewhat. It plainly says that He has overcome. Neither does it say Satan shall be defeated, so that I now am to ask the Lord to defeat him. Praise and thank the Lord, Satan is already defeated. It is done, not that it shall be done. Now as this brother began to see the truth, the attack stopped on that very evening. Everything became normal. This is how reality sets people free.