PDA

View Full Version : The Original Apostles Documented Their Eyewitness Accounts

Paul
08-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Except there is no eyewitness testimony from the Apostles. This has has been the conclusion from the majority of Biblical scholars for quite some time.
The Resurrection of Christ 1 Corinthians 15

1 Let me now remind you, dear brothers and sisters, [fn] of the Good News I preached to you before. You welcomed it then, and you still stand firm in it. 2 It is this Good News that saves you if you continue to believe the message I told you—unless, of course, you believed something that was never true in the first place. [fn]

3 I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. 4 He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just as the Scriptures said. 5 He was seen by Peter [fn] and then by the Twelve. 6 After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers [fn] at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.

None of the original Apostles alive at the time contested this what Paul was preaching. It was their message also by their eyewitness testimony in various group settings.

7 Then he was seen by James and later by all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him. 9 For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church.

11 So it makes no difference whether I preach or they preach, for we all preach the same message you have already believed.

The message Paul received was the same as the Apostles, and he received it from them as well. It originated from Peter, John and James as well as the rest of the 12 Apostles and the 'other Apostles'.

"Then three years later I went to Jerusalem to get to know Peter, [fn] and I stayed with him for fifteen days" (Gal. 1.18). "The only other apostle I met at that time was James, the Lord’s brother" (v.19).

"In fact, James, Peter, [fn] and John, who were known as pillars of the church, recognized the gift God had given me, and they accepted Barnabas and me as their co-workers. They encouraged us to keep preaching to the Gentiles, while they continued their work with the Jews" (Gal. 2.9).

The various group setting eyewitness accounts are given here,
http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/12groups.htm

clark thompson
08-12-2014, 06:08 AM
We all have a testimony if we have came to Christ.