PDA

View Full Version : People Who Claim to be Christians Yet Don't Accept John 3.16

AlwaysLoved
05-29-2014, 05:01 PM
How should you respond to someone who claims to accept the precious blood of Jesus for forgiveness of sins, that He died on the cross for the sins of the world to give us the free choice, to receive eternal life, and even accepts Jesus is God the Son, but they refuse to accept what Jesus said in John 3.16, because they are unwilling to accept close family members are unsaved and going to Hell who do not accept Jesus as Lord?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3.16).

Jesus said only those who believe will not perish. So when someone says they are not convinced another person is going to Hell for rejecting Christ, they are denying what Jesus said in John 3.16. They worship a false Christ, certainly not God of the Bible. This is confirmed elsewhere.

"He that is not with me is against me" (Matt. 12.30). So if you are not for the Jesus who sends people to Hell who deny Him then you yourself are going to Hell because you preach a universalist Jesus or pseudo-universalist Jesus. Pleading ignorance is not being for Jesus, but for the way the world acts.

Similarly Matt. 10.32,33 reveals the same pretentious condition. If you are unwilling to confess who the Lord Jesus truly is, God in the likeness of flesh, who will send people to Hell for denying who He truly is, surely you will go to Hell.

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.32,33).

A pseudo-universalist or pantheist who says it is not for him to decide is confusing what God decides (which He discloses in the Word of God) with the false Christian who claims to be a Christian when he says maybe a person is still saved who rejects Jesus. This makes a mockery of the cross of salvation. You should be agreeing with what God decides not pleading ignorance.

You need to be firm with such people and allow God's righteous indignation to be expressed towards such neglect of the gospel of God's saving grace.

There is another group of people that are not saved, those who preach the gospel only once every 10 years, if that, or who like to use the phrase "I pick my battles" to justify their being silent Christians. Since there is no such thing as a silent Christian, who can deny their silence and lack of love to share God's saving plan to others as a symptom of their own unbelief or lack of faith?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOuM9p4GP8&google_comment_id=z12bur4y3un4 sxgyg04cixszlrzedbswylk0k&google_view_type=#gplusc omments

AlwaysLoved
05-29-2014, 06:21 PM
What's worse, people who almost never give the gospel and are so proud of it being silent Christians or people who think loved ones are saved even though they never gave their lives to Christ?

To me both are not Christians. If you are ashamed of Jesus, He is ashamed of you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGN4exG0Yo&feature=youtu.be

If you never give the gospel you're not a Christian. If you give the gospel of salvation once every 10 years, you're not a Christian. If Christians around you have never seen you give the gospel, you're not a Christian. I can't stress enough you're not a Christian if you think you are a Christian yet it is mostly out of your vocabulary to speak of Christianity among non-Christians. And even around Christians you want to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

"For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man also shall be ashamed of him, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels" (Mark 8.38).

It's evil to claim someone is saved who is not. For example, it is evil to claim a person is saved that denies John 3.16 which says people perish for rejecting the gospel. Be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8) secretly saying to someone those who reject Christ are going to Hell while saying to another they are saved even though they have not accepted the Jesus who sends people to Hell for not believing.

Truly the body of Christ is a "little flock" (Luke 12.32). It is a very special feeling to know that you have been chosen before the foundations of the world. So we give the gospel of salvation because we would not wish our worse enemy to go to Hell.