PDA

View Full Version : God says...I AM that I AM, say to them He is I AM

Churchwork
02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
"Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I AM. As soon then as he had said unto them, I AM, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I AM: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:" (John 18.4-6). "And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Ex. 3.14). I thought it interesting that Jesus says He is I AM three times in John 18 and so does Ex. 3.14, for Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Godhead co-equal with the Father who is the 1st Person and the Spirit who is the 3rd Person of the Trinity.

elle
02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Lots of things show up three times in literature. What exactly made you think this was interesting?

Churchwork
02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
elle,

You asked me what I found interesting about this, which I had already said: "I thought it interesting that Jesus says He is I AM three times in John 18 and so does Ex. 3.14, for Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Godhead co-equal with the Father who is the 1st Person and the Spirit who is the 3rd Person of the Trinity."

I find that someone is being belligerent deliberately when they ask you something to which was already stated. In your profile you note that you are not a Christian. This would explain your behavior.

And just because there are mention of things in the number three in the Bible, does not make this any less interesting. Jesus does not speak frivilously, but purposefully.