PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I Not Shia or Muslim?

Mark
08-16-2013, 02:09 PM
The reason I am not a Muslim or a Shia is because I can't find any evidence for the claim six centuries later that Jesus didn't go to the cross to overturn the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings recorded in the first century sources.

Would God ask you to overlook the evidence and believe what Muhammad said?

As well, I know that I was a sinner and sin leads to death and the second death which is Hell an eternal separation from God. And that no man by his own strength or works can bridge the gap between an infinitely great God and himself. Therefore, it stands to reason, God must intervene by entering into His creation to atone for the sins of the world that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Not only, therefore, have I been forgiven for all sins I have ever committed, but God also brings me to the cross with Jesus to die to my old man. God doesn't go after the root of sin or place us into asceticism by depraving the body, but goes after our old man so that Satan can't work in Christians for that which has died is dead.

Biblically "dead" refers to lost communication. My spirit has been quickened with God's life and is no longer dead.

clark thompson
08-20-2013, 05:04 PM
I am not Muslim because I follow Christ by my faith.