PDA

View Full Version : Heb 2:2

clark thompson
07-27-2013, 09:31 AM
KJV(i)2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

MSTC(i)2 For if the word which was spoken by angels was steadfast -- so that every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense to reward -

ISV(i)2 because if the message spoken by angels was reliable, and every violation and act of disobedience received its just punishment,

My thoughts.
We are not held to the words of angels for the are both good and bad angels but, we are held by the Word.

savedwheat
07-27-2013, 11:44 PM
"for the" I think you meant "for there".

You said "we are not held to the words of angels" but the Bible says "the word spoken by the angels was stedfast."

You should not reject the word of good angels in agreement with God's word just because there are bad angels. That would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). Don't say "we are held by the Word" yet not accept the Word which says "the word spoken by the angels was reliable" that we are held by.

clark thompson
08-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes if an angels comes and teaches something that goes along with the word they should listened to but one needs to be careful about this. Just because an angel brings us a message that does not mean the angel was sent by God but if the angel was sent by God then it would not include any other gospel and if this happens then the angels brings God's message to you not the angels own message.