PDA

View Full Version : Agnosticism

ImAgnostic
02-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Does this make me a bad person? In your eyes? In the ultimate figure(God)s eyes? I have simply not chosen what I wish to believe in because all in all, I honestly don't know which religion is the correct one, or if there is even a religion that justly places us. What says which religion is the correct one? The bible? How do we even know that this is correct, a few words don't always carry truth. I'm challenging you to prove yourself, to prove your religion to me and at that, prove why other religions are false. I'm expecting a hearty forum ban like everyone else.

Churchwork
02-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Does this make me a bad person? In your eyes? In the ultimate figure(God)s eyes? I have simply not chosen what I wish to believe in because all in all, I honestly don't know which religion is the correct one, or if there is even a religion that justly places us. What says which religion is the correct one? The bible? How do we even know that this is correct, a few words don't always carry truth. I'm challenging you to prove yourself, to prove your religion to me and at that, prove why other religions are false. I'm expecting a hearty forum ban like everyone else.

Yes it makes you a bad person because you call Jesus a liar. Not in my eyes, but God's eyes. You don't know which religion is true because you don't want to know. If you wanted to know, you would have sought to find out. You don't seek to find out because you love your sin nature too much. But you do know something. Since you have a spirit of God-consciousness and are made in the image of God, God has given you full sovereignty to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Therefore, the only reason you do not is your hostility and independency. Even some tribal person in some remote area of the world who never even heard of Christ could be saved for if he looked up at the mountains and the stars and believed God did it, no doubt, He would also accept Christ.

What says which religion is correct, is comparison. The Bible proves itself as without flaw. Since you can find no flow, you know it to be true. None have ever found flaw in the Word so it is true. Don't expect to be banned so quickly if you are not belligerent. Start off with Islam. You know it is false since they call Jesus a liar too. Jesus said He was God, they say He was not. They say they believe in the Bible, yet deny His teachings of Himself being God. What else would you like to cover?

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 10.33).

Though this verse is for Christians who will lose the reward of reigning in the millennial kingdom, no doubt it also has application to those who are unsaved, that if they do not believe, they will not even enter into the new city after the millennium.

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters" (Matthew 12.30). You have no excuse for agnosticism, for it puffs you up.

orniter
02-01-2006, 10:00 PM
If God is all knowing he would know billions of years before you were born whether you'd end up in Heaven or Hell. He would know billions of years before you were born whether or not you'd believe in Him.

This tends to trivialize the issue of belief. I'm not sure why an all powerful being would need to create us or judge the outcome of petty, mortal lives.

Of course, I could be wrong. I know very little and I'm just a human being like everyone else. I don't believe in God(s) but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. Choosing a religion is a difficult thing given that there are over 4,000 active religions on earth (adherents.org). In the end I feel your actions are more important than your beliefs. There have been ethical and unethical people of every religious creed (witch burnings, burning of heretics, crusades, pilgrims who quoted scripture to justify exterminating the native americans, etc.). If you're true to yourself, honest, and you respect other people your life will probably be rewarding.

Oculus Infernus
02-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Yes it makes you a bad person because you call Jesus a liar. Not in my eyes, but God's eyes. You don't know which religion is true because you don't want to know. If you wanted to know, you would have sought to find out. You don't seek to find out because you love your sin nature too much. But you do know something. Since you have a spirit of God-consciousness and are made in the image of God, God has given you full sovereignty to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Therefore, the only reason you do not is your hostility and independency. Even some tribal person in some remote area of the world who never even heard of Christ could be saved for if he looked up at the mountains and the stars and believed God did it, no doubt, He would also accept Christ.

What says which religion is correct, is comparison. The Bible proves itself as without flaw. Since you can find no flow, you know it to be true. None have ever found flaw in the Word so it is true. Don't expect to be banned so quickly if you are not belligerent. Start off with Islam. You know it is false since they call Jesus a liar too. Jesus said He was God, they say He was not. They say they believe in the Bible, yet deny His teachings of Himself being God. What else would you like to cover?

"But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 10.33).

Though this verse is for Christians who will lose the reward of reigning in the millennial kingdom, no doubt it also has application to those who are unsaved, that if they do not believe, they will not even enter into the new city after the millennium.

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters" (Matthew 12.30). You have no excuse for agnosticism, for it puffs you up.

Luke 6:37-49 "And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:"

John 8:1-11 7 "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

"An it harm none, do as thou wilt." -Wiccan Rede

I came to this site from a link on a humor site where people were amazed at the closed-minded views of these forums and the heavy handedness of its management. I'm curious to know, what exactly are your qualifications to teach these things? Do you have a degree in theology and if so, from where? The world has more than enough false preachers going around claiming to be speaking for Jesus, he did a good enough job of it himself and doesn't need your interpretations. I suggest that you may wish to keep to simply discussing your beliefs and not passing judgement on others, whether they ask for your opinion or not. The correct answer to that person's question is not "Yes, you are a bad person" followed by your interpretation of the Bible, the answer is "That's for God to decide not me". The moment a self professed preacher stoops to the level of passing judgement I know for a fact that he is false.

Churchwork
02-02-2006, 12:58 AM
If God is all knowing he would know billions of years before you were born whether you'd end up in Heaven or Hell. He would know billions of years before you were born whether or not you'd believe in Him.

This tends to trivialize the issue of belief. I'm not sure why an all powerful being would need to create us or judge the outcome of petty, mortal lives.
It does not trivialize, but shows God's awesome foreknowledge at the same time allowing us the choice in His image. His image we are made in is far from petty or mortal, since that which is created in His image is in fact never to be annihilated. Although our spirit is not eternally existing, God will give those who are saved His uncreated life. Those who go to perdition will also be resurrected.

Of course, I could be wrong. I know very little and I'm just a human being like everyone else. I don't believe in God(s) but that doesn't mean that they don't exist. Choosing a religion is a difficult thing given that there are over 4,000 active religions on earth (adherents.org). In the end I feel your actions are more important than your beliefs. There have been ethical and unethical people of every religious creed (witch burnings, burning of heretics, crusades, pilgrims who quoted scripture to justify exterminating the native americans, etc.). If you're true to yourself, honest, and you respect other people your life will probably be rewarding.
God is not gods. That is mormonism. God is God. What makes Christianty unique is of those 4000, Christ stands apart as the only one who said He was God and showed it. These were His actions. If you believe what you just said then you would accept the risen Lord.

Are you being true and honest with yourself when you call Jesus a liar? Is this respectful to the Son of God or to those who were martyred in His name? Any reward you get with be Satanic, since it does not come from the leading of the Holy Spirit. Whatever punishment that is to come to you that is not completed on earth is fulfilled when you are resurrected to the Great White Throne and cast into hell for all eternity. You are being doubletongued, saying action is what counts, yet you don't abide in the very thing you preach. For this you are a banned.

Your choice.

Churchwork
02-02-2006, 01:10 AM
"An it harm none, do as thou wilt." -Wiccan Rede
I came to this site from a link on a humor site where people were amazed at the closed-minded views of these forums and the heavy handedness of its management. I'm curious to know, what exactly are your qualifications to teach these things? Do you have a degree in theology and if so, from where? The world has more than enough false preachers going around claiming to be speaking for Jesus, he did a good enough job of it himself and doesn't need your interpretations. I suggest that you may wish to keep to simply discussing your beliefs and not passing judgement on others, whether they ask for your opinion or not. The correct answer to that person's question is not "Yes, you are a bad person" followed by your interpretation of the Bible, the answer is "That's for God to decide not me". The moment a self professed preacher stoops to the level of passing judgement I know for a fact that he is false.

God has already decided, and He reveals His decision to Christians about those in your condition who revile Jesus. Don't mistake this for me deciding, for it is God that reveals first. Seeking qualifications through degrees is not God's way. God speaks through the Holy Spirit, not through degrees. Your view is that of the worldly way, but it is not God's way. The world's way is the way of Satan for he is the god of the world.

If someone asks a fair question it can be discerned, but when someone is just being belligerent, this is not asking a fair question, but this is a person just self-exalting their selfish way of behaving.

Realize you judge yourself, I do not judge you. Don't pass blame onto me when it belongs on you. When you call people a liar that did not lie to you, you make yourself a liar as you seek to do harm. When you chose to call Jesus a liar, the judgment from God was already upon you as John 3.18 says, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already" (John 3.18). Your problem is you don't believe the Word.

You are not really accusing me, but you are accusing God by accusing Him of being heavy handed, but what can He do? You call Him a liar, how then can He forgive you yours sins? This seems heavy handed to you when I tell you this truth, but it is the righteousness of God that He will do this.

Praise the Lord God will not judge me for calling His Son a liar for I do not. I believe in the Son of God, but you do not.

Here we find the meaning and application of these verses. Moreover, I do not stone you, but simply tell you that perdition is where you are going because you call Jesus a liar. God most certainly would judge me if I judged you of this, if I was like you and believed what you do, but I do not.

Luke 6:37-49 "And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:"

John 8:1-11 7 "And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her."

Understand why you are banned for claiming not to want to harm, yet you show you are harming, by calling, those who believed in the truth, to be liars. Be ashamed of yourself! While I point to Christ, you point to yourself. Also you said I speak for Christ, yet I am a member of the body of Christ, a simple hand or a foot in the overall body. I am but one member of the body of Christ. Also, to round out your banning, you accuse of self-proclaimed preacher, yet I am not self-proclaimed. What I have told is the truth, and it is all backed in the Word of God, that when you call Jesus a liar, you are going to hell for the Word says, the only way to the Father is through the Son.

It may be painful for you to hear the truth that you are a bad person who calls Jesus a liar, but this is what you do, and so what can God do but separate you forever in hell with Satan? Those who are saved can be thankful that God keeps you eternally separated from us. Praise the Lord! Amen.