PDA

View Full Version : There is No Naturalistic Explanation for the Eyewitness Testimony of the Apostles

Luke
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM
These are just some things that come to mind why I am a Christian which result in me being unable to disprove this proof for Christianity.

Once you have received the proof for the uncreated Creator (http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?3476-4-Step-Proof-for-God-amp-Minimal-Facts-Approach/page2), the best proof who God is is the resurrection proof of Jesus, because there is no naturalistic explanation to account for the multiple eyewitness testimony of the Apostles in various group settings.

Swoon theory fails because Jesus would not have convinced anyone He was the risen Messiah all bloodied, tattered and torn, scourged down to the bone, gaping hole in his chest, hands and feet, barely able to walk if at all.

Fraud theory fails because the disciples maintained their view even up to the point to save their lives from being martyred, but they never recanted. People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie.

Legends theory fails because the Apostles' view continued to the end and various second generation Apostles such as Clement of Rome and Polycarp said they had personal dealings with the Apostles John and Peter, so no fraud was involved, in going to their deaths as martyrs.

All the other silly theories are silly like twin theory have no credibility because there simply is no evidence or mention ever of Jesus' having a twin.

Group Hallucination theory fails, because the DM-4 manual says there are no such thing as group hallucinations. It is an impossible condition. For example, place a group of people on all kinds of different drugs. They never hallucinate the same thing. I am not talking about a bunch of people seeing Mary in the clouds, but matters up close and personal like the person you spent 3 years with literally dies and on the 3rd day you see him again, touch him, speak with him, walk with him and eat with him with various other Apostles present and on more than one occasion so well multiply attested by the various Apostles themselves and close associates as we have in the New Testament.

John
06-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Well said!

http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?4837-Gary-R-Habermas-Discusses-Faith-with-Atheist-Geoff-Campos-Premier-Christian-Radio