PDA

View Full Version : The Tender Branch of the Fig Tree Represents Israel or the Abomination of Desolation?

revivin
06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Re: chad at factnet.org

faith first WHERE DOESE IT SAY that we know the day and hour when the bible says we dont
Where you read it as saying you can't now the day or hour refers to those living prior to Israel's return, to carnal Christians, the world in general, and to when the world ends, not to when Jesus returns to reign 1000 years before the end of the world.

Matthew 24.33 says we can "know" even the day (though not the hour) "right at the door" (Matt. 24.33) once Israel becomes a nation again (v.32).

When it says "right at the door" obviously you think that is more than a day, but why do you arbitrarily assume that? Is to you "right at the door" within 5 years, 10 years, 50 years, 100 year, 1000 years, 1 million years? In the context of 2000 years since Christ what constitutes right at the door? Obviously, Jesus intends for us to know.

The reason I might be wrong is because "right at the door" is in reference to "all these things" (v.33) such as the abomination of desolation (v.15). In other words, only once the image of the beast is set up in the Great Tribulation will we know that "He is near" (v.33).

If that is the case then the "fig tree" (v.32) does not represent Israel but is just an analogy like "wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together" (v.28). Though this is hard for me to believe because just prior Jesus was cursing the fig tree, representing Israel, for having leaves (outward showing) but not fruit (no life). And of course, in Jeremiah, Israel represents the fig tree and several other places.

revivin
06-13-2012, 06:10 AM
No one know the hour or the day. Meaning he will come as a thief in the night.
Your English is really bad so I just quoted this portion of what you said. Try to read over what you write so it sounds more clear. I can't really respond to anything you said other than this because your English is so horrible.

What you are not recognizing is wherever "hour" is mentioned its context has to do with speaking to a carnal Christian or to the world in general or to the time before Israel became a nation again or to the end of the world, not to when Jesus returns.

So Jesus comes like a thief in the night to carnal Christians who are not watchful, to the world in general, if Jesus were to return before Israel was a nation. Of course, Jesus can't return before Israel was a nation again, because the 3rd Temple would need to be completed first and the first rapture must occurring before the Tribulation starts. Then Jesus returns 7 years later.

You also don't seem to realize the 3 aspects of the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven is conduct, outward appearance of the kingdom (included false Christians), and the reigning in the millennial kingdom-to-come for 1000 years. The kingdom of God has 3 aspects too: deeper inner knowing, outward appearance, and reigning in the millennium.

As you can see the kingdom of God is the same as the kingdom of heaven with respect to the second and third points, but different with respect to the first point.

It should also be noted that the kingdom of heaven started with John the Baptist, whereas the kingdom of God was existing before that. And the kingdom of heaven ends after the millennial kingdom, whereas the kingdom of God continues on. The reason the kingdom of heaven ends is because in the New City and New Earth the kingdom of heaven and earth come together in the New Earth.

It can, therefore, be said that the kingdom of heaven is contained within the kingdom of God.

Pray on this as I pray for your understanding. For a more detailed study of this,

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/KKH.htm