PDA

View Full Version : In Nothing Be Anxious (Philippians 4.6-7)

everstill
11-19-2011, 10:45 AM
In nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4.6.

Seldom have I seen Christians without anxiety. The vast majority are weighed down with many worries. There was once a mother who had seven sons. She declared, "I am worried to death about every son of mine until they all grow up to be saved." When a brother told her that it was wrong for her to worry—that it actually was a sin to worry—she retorted by saying, "A mother ought to be anxious for her own children.

Not to worry is sinful." So this brother showed her the words in Philippians 4.6-7. Yet she regarded the anxiety spoken of there as probably not having reference to her kind of anxiety, for according to her thinking, a wife ought to worry about her husband, parents ought to worry about their children, and businessmen ought to be anxious about their business. Let us clearly see, though, that the Bible states categorically: "In nothing be anxious"—period!