PDA

View Full Version : James White and Norman Geisler, Castles and Ponds and Quicksand

Parture
09-27-2011, 02:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DME8Wh2YngE&feature=player_embedded

James White is not too bright or is unsaved or both. Find out which as you read through this response to his video.

At about the 13 minute mark, he takes issue with Norman by saying that there are different kinds of love, so why does God have to love everyone equally? Who said anything about God loving anyone equally? Rather, God provides sufficient grace and love to us all to give us the free choice. The god of Calvinism has no love.

Next, White gets darker. He says God only just tries to save everyone. No! Rather, God does everything righteously within His purview and doesn't extend beyond that because then it would be unrighteous. I've never seen White address these problems with his faith, for he presents his counter point, but where does he respond to the counter to his counter point? He shuts his mind down for the evil spirit of Calvinism and comes across demonically possessed not seeing where he doesn't look further down the rabbit hole of his faith.

I've never seen a speech by White on the subject where he doesn't accuse falsey with the phrase "libertarian free will," but of course, Christians don't believe that. We don't believe our free choices go outside God's divine providence but are within His divine care. He accounts for them and lets us have our free choice. He woos by His Spirit, and He responds accordingly as a righteous King should.

I thought it was funny how White tried in his petty self to tear apart the analogy because the analogy was not perfect as no analogy can be. The kids swimming in the water and the farmer posting a sign was just so egregious (I am being facetious) because it is not in a castle where a King should live? And maybe, White suggests, the farmer himself went swimming in the pool so he can't be sovereign. Funny. Well the castle is heaven, so what people are resurrected to the castle who are not saved? Yet those who burn down the castle get stuck in the heavenly castle? How can an unsaved person get stuck in heaven burning down? Goofy. You can see how silly such picking away at an analogy can totally miss the forest for the trees. Let's focus on the principle and not miss the point in hand. Such antics are really all to avoid the essential element that a loving God doesn't let people perish unnecessarily, but righteously will do all that He can to plead, woo, convict, convince and implore them to come out of the water or quicksand.

Of course the kids in the water are drowning because of their own sin. The point of the analogy whichever you like to use is that the smallest sin eternally separates a person from God and that God would be unloving and unrighteous if He didn't provide sufficient grace to all to have the choice. Notice how White gets all up on how evil the subjects are for burning down the castle or that they should more accurately be be called rapists, murders and thieves yet White fails to point out that even the smallest sin eternally separates a person from God and that they are not Totally depraved since God provides them sufficient grace to have the choice. You don't have to perform egregious sins to go to Hell. Even the smallest sin sends you to Hell, because there can be no eternal relationship with God if it is not on a pathway to sinlessness heading towards the New City. Eternal life is sinless life.

It's amazing how dumb James White is. But is he really dumb or just unsaved and going to Hell? Obviously both. His petty self is not too bright, but there is also a sign of him being an unregenerate, because he always misses the point in hand. I once thought White was intelligent enough because he can babble lots, but I have since accepted reality that not only is he unsaved but a dullard and dumb-minded. That's why he never sees past a couple steps in thought. He wouldn't be very good at chess. He's got a very shallow mind that is not the least of his problems because he is also considered by many to be very obnoxious, unloving and lacks compassion. I feel sorry for his wife and kids.

White keeps calling God a failure in election because one of the children don't grab the rope. But "hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" (Rom. 9.21). White rejects God's way of doing things. God provided sufficient grace to both children to respond, yet only one was willing to grab hold, having the free choice to choose as he wishes. Free will is not truly free if you don't have the choice to eternally separate yourself from God.

White made a big deal about Total depravity, but where is the exegesis for Total depravity in the Bible? He vaguely threw out some chapters as though somehow they agree with him. How is that exegesis? He provides none in his video. Dave Hunt destroyed all his proud arguments in What Love is This? and Debating Calvinism. Then White made a big deal of John 6: "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (v.37). White thinks that all that come to God the Son are irresistibly made to do so, but where does the passage say that? All it says is that all that the Father gives shall come and none will be cast out who come. It is placing the authority of God on setting the conditions by which someone comes to the Son, that being of course, providing all with the sufficient grace to have the free choice so that whosoever repents and believes in Jesus the Father will give to the Son through regeneration. How God does this is simply solved by realizing all the pleading and imploring us to believe in Him places the responsibility on us to freely choose.

I think White is being intellectually dishonest with himself about how he responded to Norman Geisler. All Calvinism is wrong, moderate or otherwise, because Total depravity is 100% false; thus, all the points of Calvinism fall apart. If you can help an old lady across the street surely you can receive what Jesus did for you on the cross. White finishes off with is the typical Calvinist issue of not knowing how to resolves God's infinite foreknowledge with free will. So you can't solve it? So what! Just because you can't figure out how God does it, doesn't mean it is false! Why be so arrogant? Why not give your life to the God whom you can't figure out on some level? This takes humility and letting go of control over self. Why be a control freak? God is not like that.

In Calvinism there is no Sovereign God with events having a purpose in time, because it is all just irresistibly imposed like robots. There is no personal relationship and give and take between God's people and God. It is imcompatible and non-synergistic. They are just robots irresistibly made to do whatever their purposeless god causes them to do. There is a sovereign decree with God, just not the way James White wants for everything to be irresistibly imposed. The sovereign decree of God is to provide us all with the free will to have the free choice to accept or to reject Him, for He wants to be with those who search Him out with all their hearts. Robots can't do that; they are heartless like James White. His god really is a reflection of his own abusive mentality towards others.

Funny. White said of Arminians that God created all that evil and there is no purpose. Say what? What Arminian thinks God is the author of sin? Rather God will use evil for good, but God is not the cause of it like in Satanic Calvinism. That's the sinner's doing. God is not a sinner. God does not have to be the author of sin for there to be purpose. What crazy ideas James White has. Thanks be to God to not allow James White into the New City, for that that would be unloving to allow his corrupted heart around God's sons and daughters.

Compatibilism. God is is compatible with free will. He created it! That's all I need to say since White said hardly more than that. Robots may be compatible, but its dull and makes his god impotent to be able to provide free choice to all. The god of Calvinism can't do what God of the Bible can do because the god of Calvinism is not a sovereign God but just a robot maker. God trumps the god of Calvinism every time. I love that! While God of the Bible could be a robot maker, the god of Calvinism doesn't have the power to provide sufficient grace for all to have the free choice so God trumps that evil gnostic god of Calvinism every time!

In the words of James White, projecting his own condition, James White "doesn't seem to hear the criticisms" presented to himself. Shutting his mind down like he does is a sign that he is demonically possessed and no longer in control of himself anymore.