PDA

View Full Version : The 173,800 Days from Nisan 1, 444 BC to March 28, 33 AD (Gregorian)

foreversaved
07-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Re: Amo @ gracecentered.com

Surely you are not using prophetic years to come up with the number 173,880, and then converting to our present 365 day years to make your calculation, are you? I would say that is exactly what you are doing, since that is the only way you can come up with the numbers you desire. Not very consistent.
Why is that not consistent? It is exactly what we should be doing to figure out what the day is in the Gregorian calendar. 69 sets of 7 years x 360 days per year equals 173,880 days then converting to our calendar by 365.2425 days takes us to exactly Monday, Nisan 10, March 28, 33 AD (Gregorian), the 1st day of the 4 day inspection of the lamb before passover Friday, Nisan 14, April 1, 33 AD. That's exactly what you should do. 476 years - 444 BC +1 (no zero year) = 33 AD. To not do this would be inconsistent.

The correct starting point for the 70 week prophecy is 457 BC, not 444 BC, and the correct date for Christ’s crucifixion is 31 AD, not 33 AD. Observe the following from the book DANIEL AND THE REVELATION BY URIAH SMITH, pgs. 181-184.
"And it came to pass in the month Nisan..." (Neh. 2.1) starts off Nisan 1 in 444 B.C., the declaration of the building of the temple noted in Neh 2.8, "And a letter unto Asaph the keeper of the king's forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the palace which [appertained] to the house, and for the wall of the city, and for the house that I shall enter into. And the king granted me, according to the good hand of my God upon me."

In 31 AD, Nisan 14 is March 24, a Monday (Gregorian), not a Friday so your 31 AD date doesn't work. Jesus died on Friday, Nisan 14. He died on what Satan calls April Fool's Day, April 1st. The 4 day inspection was March 28, 29, 30, 31 from Monday to Thursday. Jesus was captured into the heart of earthly Israel on Thursday. He died on the cross on Friday. Easy to understand.

"Now upon the first day of the week . . . And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. . . . Jesus himself drew near ... But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, ... 'our chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him. But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done'" (Luke 24.1,13,21).

The 3rd day from Friday is Sunday. The 1st day of the week is always Sunday. It says it right there in Scripture, therefore Jesus died on passover, Friday, Nisan 14. Therefore, 31 AD is wrong.