PDA

View Full Version : Are Calvinists Born-Again?

AlwaysLoved
06-26-2011, 04:35 PM
The Holy Spirit told me Calvinists are not born-again, thus they are going to Hell, because they reject God of the Bible who provides sufficient grace to all to have the choice. Instead, they believe in a god who doesn't provide sufficient grace to all so it seems nonsensical to deliver the gospel of salvation to people who have no possibility of receiving it because the god of Calvinism doesn't provide them with ample enabling grace to have the choice to respond. This would be a false hope, and I know God of the Bible is not a deliverer of false hope and lies to people. I know God of the Bible is full of love, mercy, grace, hope, peace, truth and we can place our trust in Him when He says His Son died on the cross for the sins of the whole world-every soul that ever lived-to save whosoever is willing to receive the ransom paid.

Think how evil it is to worship a god who sends children or teenagers to Hell just because they were born into sin which is not their fault when God could have easily and righteously given them the sufficient grace to be able to respond with the free choice afforded them (actually, they would need to be of the age of accountability). Not that all would receive His mercy, but certainly some would of course, otherwise Jesus would have died in vain.

If you or I saw two kids having a blast yet perishing in quicksand we would plead with them and not yank one while leaving the other there watching with a cold and heartless face. So how can God's standards be less than our own? We would plead with both, extend an arm out to both and do all we can to convince them to come out of there. Not god of Calvinism. Whereas the God of Jacob Arminius, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob extends an arm out to both but sadly only one receives God's love and caring hands.

God predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints. Therefore, we can be confident Calvinists are not born-again, neither Matt Slick or other false Christians who declare on their pedestal so coldly and heartlessly they were irresistibly selected and didn't have to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. Is that a genuinely true and faithful way of giving one's life to Christ? Is that really authentically repenting to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior? Does God really want to enter a relationship with someone like that? I know it's not how I came to Christ or the Jesus I gave my life to and how the Holy Spirit drew me in and wooed me, nor is it how any of my Christian friends ever gave their lives to Christ.

We are told in the Bible, God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons, therefore, He does not irresistibly save some people and let others perish without giving them any grace to respond with their free will.

God is the "Savior of all men, specially those who believe" (1 Tim. 4.10) not "Savior of some men [of different classes], specially those who believe," for that is redundantly nonsensical. Obviously, these are just repetitive statements and would not fit when including the word "specially." Nor is God a "Savior of all men except not from Hell, specially those who believe," since "specially those who believe" would be a subset of "not from Hell." To be "specially those who believe" is salvation, yet how can one be saved and included in the set of "except not from Hell"? Makes no sense since those who specially believe would be saved from Hell. Hence Calvinism is a lie of the Devil. What 1 Tim. 4.10 is saying, clearly, is that God provides sufficient grace to all in all aspects of life and from Hell, but specially to those who believe because the free-choice to believe is the response God is looking for to be saved and nothing is better than to be saved. I give this passage to youngsters and that's how they plainly read the Scriptures.

I do not advise you to pray for hardened Calvinists for they will never repent, and God doesn't want you to waste your time on them, but to those who are sitting on the fence do reach out to them, for I know of some Calvinists even after 26 years have finally repented and given their lives to Christ and became OSAS Arminians (true Christians). There are some on YouTube that have had a change of mind, given their testimony; even some provided by James White which was difficult for James to stomach. But that's reality and God's amazing grace!

Praise the Lord! Amen.