PDA

View Full Version : Nicolaitans - Don't be a Nicolaitan

Churchwork
01-31-2006, 03:19 AM
Don't be a Nicolaitan

"But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate" (Rev. 2.6). Learn about the behavior of Nicolaitans.

Let me say to each of my beloved brethren in the work, that notwithstanding how strong your ministry may be, how rich may be your gift, and how useful you are, you are a Nicolaitan if you monopolize all services (cf. Rev. 2.6,15). You have nothing to boast of; rather, you must confess your sin. Your personal piety will destroy the church instead of building it up. The right and correct way of work is to lead all the brothers and sisters into service. More service or less service is not the issue here. The pressing issue before us is that everyone must serve. Unless all serve, there is no church.

Here, then, is today’s way: the work must be done by the entire local church; it is the church, and not just a few individuals, that preaches the gospel. No matter how well you each work, you become a Nicolaitan if you are a substitute for other people in the body of Christ. You may have a ministry but you do not, as a consequence, have the church in reality. However successful may be certain so-called spiritual giants or great revivalists, their works are a failure if they fail to bring in body ministry.