PDA

View Full Version : Why is an Infinite Regress of the Quantum Field Impossible?

everstill
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
antybu86 - Youtube

Your proclamation of my damnation would be terrifying, I'm sure. I suppose it's a good thing that no such Hell exists.

Nevertheless, your response is mistaken. I quantum field could "always" exist. I use scare quotes here because the concept of time on a quantum level is likely to be much different than our understanding of it (which is linear).

Of course, even if we assume a purely linear (and tensed) theory of time, an infinite regress is certainly not impossible. As far as I can tell, philosophers are somewhat split on the issue (and scientists mostly undecided).

Have a good day,

Andy
It is terrifying that you would rather spend eternity in hell I agree. Since Jesus is proven and He spoke on Hell more than anyone and free will is not true unless you are afforded this choice, you know its true and what you want.

A quantum field could not always exist because this is an infinite regress, but if that were true you would have had an eternity to come into being, having had an eternity to do so. However much things differ, cause and effect doesn't get violated since we observe trillions of causes and effects in nature and no hard evidence anywhere for something from nothing which is an overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Whether time is linear or not, cause and effect, therefore, can't be violated. That's reality. Not accepting reality is one way to reject God, but I wouldn't advise it because hell, of course, is the result of your attitude.

Scholars and scientists are virtually unified in agreeing something can't come from nothing and infinite regress is impossible; like I said, if it were true you would happened already, having had an eternity to do so. Stephen Hawking says the quantum field and the singularity need a cause.