PDA

View Full Version : Jesus is the Only One Resurrected the Third Day

Parture
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Re: ShiaExcellence - Youtube

Son of God is a figure of speech which many other Prophets were labeled; Jacob God's firstborn son (Exodus 4:22) Solomon is God's son (2 Samuel 7:13-14) Ephraim is God's firstborn son (Jeremiah 31:9) Adam is the son of God (Luke 3:38) Other Prophets were filled with the Holy Ghost; Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:67) Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:41) Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 4:8) Paul, filled with the Holy Ghost (Acts 13:9)

Son of God has meaning. Son of God means "for" God, but Jesus was the only begotten Son of God. I am a son of God but I am not the only begotten Son. Jesus is truly unique in all the universe because He is the 2nd Person of the Trinity. He created you and me. The infilling of the Holy Spirit in the OT was an exception to the rule because people went through the intermediary priesthood, whereas when the veil was rent everyone can have the Holy Spirit indwelling whosoever was willing.

Elisha resurrected himself. Other Prophets Preformed similar Miracles as Jesus ; Ezekiel raised many from the dead (Ezekiel 37:1-9) Joshua stopped the sun and moon for one whole day (Joshua 10:12-13) Elisha raised the dead, resurrected himself, healed a leper, fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn, and healed a blind man: (2 Kings 4:35, 13:21, 5:14, 4:44, and 6:11.) Elijah raised the dead (1 Kings 17:22 and 14.)
"Carried me out in the spirit" (Ez. 37.1) is not physical. It was a vision of resurrection. "Day and night shall not cease" (Gen. 8.22). Josh. 10.13 can be read, "There was no day like that, before it or after it" to win the war as if time stood still. The sun and moon did not actually stop. It's a hyperbole. It's like the bowls of wrath. The 7th seal opens up the 7 trumpets of the Tribulation and the 7th trump pours out the 7 bowls of wrath silently because so much is happening.

There is the gift of healing, yes, but Elisha did not raise the dead in the true sense of the meaning. He was not technically dead since he could have been near death (still in time to be resuscitated). Nor could Elisha raise himself from the dead. Only God can do that. Notice nobody in Scripture is raised on the third day like Jesus was because Jesus is God. Can't you see that?