PDA

View Full Version : At Least Be Honest With Yourself About What the Bible Says

Scriptur
12-10-2010, 06:02 PM
According to the Bible you guys are going to Hell. Could anything be more crazy than this choice you have made for yourself? I trust that you are at least honest about what the Bible says about you even though you refuse to repent to the cross as a helpless sinner and receive the Lord Jesus as Savior.

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3.18).

Why are you like this? The Bible says...

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3.19-21).

Praise the Lord!

You're probably hoping when you die you will just cease to exist, but that is delusional. "He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone" (14.10), and "they have no rest day nor night" (v.11), for it "will never burn out" (Matt. 25.41). They "will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out" (Is. 66.24).

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Rom. 1.20).

Think about it. There are only two possibilities for naturalists. Either the universe(s) always existed or something comes from nothing. If something comes from nothing then you violate the first law of thermodynamics. Besides it is goofy, for that which doesn't exist can't produce anything efficiently or materially.

Second, if the universe(s) always existed, you would have had an eternity to have happened already, having had an eternity to do so, so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space. This is whom we call the uncreated Creator or God.

I guess there is a third option, you can continue to do what you have always done, which is to shut your mind down like a zombie for Satan. Satan's building his army and he has you.

So who is this uncreated Creator? Is God an absentee landlord or does He reveal Himself? Since most scholars concede for good reasons the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings and there is no naturalistic explanation to account for this, then there is no naturalistic explanation, thus proving Jesus is God and all things sum up in Him.

Any logical person who is not crazy would give into reality instead of exalting self in separation, hostility, independency and disobedience to your Creator. You're just a scared little boy afraid to give up control of your exalted self, that's all. It can be scary to let go. I would know, I let go and placed my trust in Jesus. Amen. Though you can become like me one day I can never be like you. Once-saved-always-saved: they "shall never perish" (John 10.28). Amen.

Since neither you nor I are able to overturn this proof, this is how you and I know you are going to Hell. Think of it this way, you can't ask a reasonable person to believe what you believe since you have no evidence for your blind faith, but the evidence just given is a solid.

My prayers go out to you.

Scriptur
12-10-2010, 06:07 PM
If what I am seeing is true, what you will see are three things to confirm the consummation of this age is upon us and you still have time to give your life to Christ and the Tribulation is from 2015-22. According to Rev. 6.12 of the H3 solar eclipse 2013 (4th since Christ) and Lunar Tetrad 2014/15 on feasts (8th since Christ) precede the beginning of Daniel's last seven:

1) In the next couple of years, even possibly next year the US Dollar Index is going to drop to an all time new low. The high was 120 ten years ago, a couple of years ago it hit 70, keeps bouncing around from 75 to 90, and is at 80 right now. The financial elite want to destroy the US Dollar and the reason for this is simple, because they can't maintain financial control under US hegemony anymore. Do the math. The European Union has a GDP of 16 trillion and USA only 14 trillion and the gap is widening fast.

2) Sometime in 2013-2014 you will actually see the beginning of the construction of the Third Temple on the temple mount and likely the Dome of the Rock will be torn down. The only thing that could incite this is if Islam attacks Israel again and Israel retaliates in full force.

3) Globally millions in the news we are told are taking a universal implant under their skin and many grocery stores and other retail chains are including it to allow people to buy or sell.

This may not be as glamorous as traversing dimensions in The Fringe, but it's reality! Satan knows his time is short when the first rapture occurs Sept. 14, 2015 Feast of Trumpets.

I guess that will be the ultimate thing to convince you. If war doesn't convince you, the 3rd Temple doesn't convince, the massive drop in the US Dollar Index doesn't convince, the destruction of the Vatican doesn't convince you (Rev. 17.16), USA and EU invading Iran doesn't convince you, you know what might convince you? When you see a couple million people disappeared at the first rapture (Matt. 24.40-42, Luke 21.36, Rev. 3.10 at 7.9 "before the throne" before the trumpets of the Tribulation commence, 8.7ff). Lots of people are claiming there will be a "fake rapture" so even when it happens especially with so few, people will be able to write it off as man-made.

We are living in amazing times. Of all the generations we are living in the one with the return of Christ and the probability is 1 in 70,000,000 I am wrong (1 in 100,000 for the Lunar Tetrad and 1 in 700 for the H3 Solar Eclipse). "When ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors" (Matt. 24.33). What things? "The fig tree [Israel]; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer [millennial kingdom] is near" (v.32).

Dan Dan the Science Man
01-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Atheism actually isnt a closed-minded zombie mentality in slavery to satan. The same way you may look at perhaps The Origins of Species or The Koran or The Hobbit. When we look at it, we go "Huh, that doesn't really make sense to me." Or "Huh, that doesnt really apply to me" or something else. We all know what the Bible says, seeing as many of us have been raised in a Christian family or hear it every day from believers, but quoting the Bible as proof for religion does no more for us than a Muslim throwing Koran quotes at you saying "See how it says this? How can you not believe?"

Scriptur
01-25-2011, 02:00 PM
The Bible lays out the proof like any scientific proof or evidential case presented in a court of law. The Hobbit is fiction. Its never treated otherwise. The Origins of Species can't account for the first single-celled replicating organism. And the Koran six centuries later has no evidence to supports its claim Jesus never even went to the cross. Atheism has nothing to support its claim either. If you don't care about evidence, then choose one of the above, but if you care about evidence read on.

What does the Bible provide as evidence? Observe the proof the Bible gives. It first establishes God exists by telling us to observe nature. Nature always has a cause and effect, so it always comes from something. It never comes from nothing, for that which doesn't exist can't produce anything. Nor can the universe always have existed because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space. And this is whom we call the uncreated Creator or God.

Now that you know God exists by way of proof of the Bible, can we prove the One True God is Jesus? Certainly. Over 99% of scholars who do their primary work on analyzing the resurrection claim of Jesus testify that the disciples truly believed in their heart of hearts that they had seen Jesus alive from the dead, touched, talked with, even ate with him after he died on the cross.

Therefore, you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for this, because those scholars have exhausted all possibilities. This is how you can know Jesus is God and salvation is through Him alone, that there is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved.

Praise the Lord!

Dan Dan the Science Man
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
What does the Bible provide as evidence? Observe the proof the Bible gives. It first establishes God exists by telling us to observe nature. Nature always has a cause and effect, so it always comes from something. It never comes from nothing, for that which doesn't exist can't produce anything. Nor can the universe always have existed because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space. And this is whom we call the uncreated Creator or God.
You see, that doesn't sway me in the least. If I write a book saying that there's a little green man in my closet who created everything, and then I go on to talk about how something can't come from nothing and so, obviously, it must have been my little green man, and that without my little green man, the universe would have always existed and therefore you would have already existed, that doesn't make my argument any more valid or true.

Now that you know God exists by way of proof of the Bible, can we prove the One True God is Jesus? Certainly. Over 99% of scholars who do their primary work on analyzing the resurrection claim of Jesus testify that the disciples truly believed in their heart of hearts that they had seen Jesus alive from the dead, touched, talked with, even ate with him after he died on the cross.
I'm not sure how they can testify that the disciples believed this, seeing as they're not around to ask. Even if they did believe, that's not proof, that's 12 uneducated guys from 20 centuries ago agreeing on something.

Therefore, you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for this, because those scholars have exhausted all possibilities. This is how you can know Jesus is God and salvation is through Him alone, that there is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved.
Just because we don't and may never know what created the universe doesn't mean we should throw our hands up and say "Well I guess it must've been God."

Scriptur
01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
You see, that doesn't sway me in the least. If I write a book saying that there's a little green man in my closet who created everything, and then I go on to talk about how something can't come from nothing and so, obviously, it must have been my little green man, and that without my little green man, the universe would have always existed and therefore you would have already existed, that doesn't make my argument any more valid or true.
Actually what we were talking about and the portion you responded to was not who God is but if God exists. Let's worry about whether God is a little green man or Jesus later; or Allah of Islam or Brahma of Hinduism or the new Jehovah of Judaism.

Since the uncreated Creator is proven because nature can't always have existed nor start up from nothing, this is whom we call God.

You wanted to compare your little green man to Jesus. Fine. Not sure who follows your little green man except you, and I am not going to trust you on your claim I don't think you even believe in but just arbitrarily invoked it. I guess you never saw your little green man ever; nor did he tell you that he created all things. There is no history or development behind your little green man, no theology or purpose or meaning except your hostility to God of the Bible.

Christians care about evidence. So compare Jesus whom arrived on the scene exactly when Daniel prophesied. He healed the sick and performed miracles as testified by oral tradition and the writers of the New Testament. And His most important miracle was that He died for the sins of the whole world and proved He is God by His resurrection. I don't know any scholars who believe in your little green man. A loving God would certainly be more accessible than that. Really there are only 3 choices: God of the Bible, the god of Islam or the god of Hinduism since these are accessible though only the Christian God is personal and cares enough enough to enter His creation to solve our sin problem and save us from Hell whosoever is willing.

Almost all scholars who do their primary work on the resurrection claim of Jesus admit the disciples truly believed they had seen Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings. Therefore, the burden is on you to overturn the evidence of the 66 books of the Bible and specifically the resurrection appearances.

I showed you had no evidence for your little green man but you didn't overturn the evidence of the Bible for Jesus.

I'm not sure how they can testify that the disciples believed this, seeing as they're not around to ask. Even if they did believe, that's not proof, that's 12 uneducated guys from 20 centuries ago agreeing on something.Why would scholars today need those disciples to be alive today to ask them? If they were alive today that means they weren't alive then so you are demanding a contradiction. Historians don't throw out all history, but glean certain facts. In reading the writings of Peter, John, Paul, James, Matthew, Luke, Jude and Mark and oral tradition we can be confidence as are almost all scholars on the subject that the original disciples truly believed they had seen Jesus alive from the dead. You need a naturalistic explanation that is plausible. If you can't find one then you have nothing to support your beliefs.

Whether someone is educated or not makes no difference because group hallucinations are impossible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie. And I am not so sure they are as uneducated as you think since the 120 spoke several different languages and the original disciples and other Apostles wrote the New Testament though some may have had it transcribed for them. Paul was highly educated. Luke was a doctor. Matthew was tax collector, effectively an accountant. So your theory just does not hold up. A wide range of professions are represented.

Moreover, you seem quite uneducated so according to your way of thinking whatever you say is irrelevant anyhow since you wouldn't want to sin by having a doublestandard.

Just because we don't and may never know what created the universe doesn't mean we should throw our hands up and say "Well I guess it must've been God."But we do know the cause of the universe is the uncreated and this is what God means. Just because you avoid the proof given that nature needs a cause and can't always have existed, shutting your mind down doesn't change that fact. Now that we know the uncreated Creator exists or God let us find out who God is. As we have seen the perfect proof is the resurrection eyewitness testimony for the One who calls Himself God as Jesus did.