PDA

View Full Version : Pope John Paul II

Faithful
11-12-2010, 04:42 AM
"Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me."

(Pope John Paul II, Los Angeles Times, Dec. 12, 1984)

CatholicCrusader
07-16-2011, 07:21 PM
"Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me."

(Pope John Paul II, Los Angeles Times, Dec. 12, 1984)

Can you provide a link to that story?
Let me guess: You can't, right?

Faithful
07-16-2011, 08:25 PM
You guessed right. Fortunately, there are libraries where you can read it yourself.

The Lord tells Peter, “You shall bring people into the kingdom of heaven”—so that the keys mentioned here suggest the first step in the procedure of entering the kingdom of heaven, the first few things which help people to enter through the door. Peter used them in the events recorded in the book of Acts: (1) He had the key of witnessing—his preaching on the day of Pentecost (2.14ff.); (2) he also had the key of baptizing—his exhorting the people to be baptized into Christ (2.38-41; see also Rom. 6.3) that they might be obedient to the Lord and His command. Thus in Matthew 28.19, we have Christ’s command to His disciples to “make disciples of all the nations” (the use of the first key) and this to be followed by “baptizing them” (the use of the second key). He who is not baptized can be in the church, but not in the kingdom of heaven (see Matt. 21.31-32). It is the Lord who adds to the church day by day those who are being saved (Acts 2.47 mg.; 16.5). Preachers can only bring people into the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of heaven in its outward appearance can be likened to the outer precincts of the house of God which is the church. In these outer precincts one may find the tares, but in the true church these tares never exist.

So some may include the Roman Church in the outer precincts, but it is not the Church. The tares are unsaved as they try to look like the saved wheat. The Pope is not saved. Likely none of the Popes were ever saved. This shows you a faith you are unfamiliar with I am sure.

CatholicCrusader
07-17-2011, 04:50 AM
Can you provide a link to that story?
Let me guess: You can't, right?
You guessed right. Fortunately, there are libraries where you can read it yourself.

I doubt it, because the Pope never said such a ridiculous thing.

Faithful
07-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I guess you don't know your Pope very well, but you will when you read that magazine article to find the quote. Your life will never be the same.

CatholicCrusader
07-20-2011, 04:08 AM
I guess you don't know your Pope very well, but you will when you read that magazine article to find the quote. Your life will never be the same.

If you can't link to it, it never happened

Faithful
07-23-2011, 01:23 PM
You have enough information to locate the article, so if there is no link to it on the internet is no reason to think it didn't happen. How immature. Go to your library and order it or contact the company directly even through the internet.