PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Irresistibly Selected Won't Save

Parture
10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Re: Warhorse22
http://www.youtube.com/user/Warhorse22

Rom 8:6-9 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Read it carefully. continued in another post.
So the Spirit of God doesn't dwell in you because you refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. And that's very sad.

If you are saying that I'm not saved, on what basis do you make your claim?I have made no such statement in regards to you. I simply gave an exegesis of the text you put forth in your video. No, what you did was misuse verses, inserting into them that which God does not say for your false salvation. Do you admit being a Calvinist? Here's the video you replied to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGWvAtxmUXA

I am a follower of Jesus Christ who holds to the doctrines of Grace. Grace is sufficient for us all to give us all the choice. God therefore predestinates us all by foreknowing our free-choice. The grace you believe in is not of God because it is not sufficient for all; you do not want to be with the God who can do this. But do not fret. Repent here and now. Repent to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior and thou shalt be regenerated since God has given you this ability to do so. We all have this right and opportunity.

The goodness of the Lord leads us to repentance. That's grace all by itself . We love Him because He first loved us. That';s mercy all by itself. While we were dead in trespasses and sins Christ died for the ungodly. That's Love. But to come to this truth the Holy Spirit of God does a work in us bringing us to the knowledge of the truth. You ncame because God extended His hand in mercy. We are saved by grace through faith not of works lest any man should boast. It is a gift of God.All by itself grace is extended to us whosoever is willing. Your god is without love and ability for He can't do this, like you said, your god can only "all by itself" be imposed irresistibly. That's not true grace. That's not how we Christians were saved. Way too selfish and overassuming! You avoided the question about Calvinism. Why be coy? Is that ethical?

Calvinism is simply a system that was put together after Calvin died. It is a systematizing of the teachings of St. Augustine. So if you want to know I am an augustinian.If you know church history st. augustine said that adam's sin plunged mankind into a downward spiral. I think you do believe that man is born a sinner right? Is God obligated to save anyone? No. He did so because He chose to. He works all thing according to His good pleasure. Extending eternal life to sinners is a work of God.Calvin formulated his doctrine, received from Luther and Augustine. It was long since formulated to reject God of the Bible. Is God obligated to save anyone? Of course He is. He would be evil to send someone to Hell just because they were born into sin. The reason you are going to Hell then is not because you are born into sin, but because you refuse His mercy by what He did for you on the cross, since instead of repentance, pridefully you presume you were irresistibly selected.