PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad was the like his Father of Lies

Scriptur
04-08-2010, 09:24 AM
You know about the Catch-22 for Islam. If Jesus didn't die on the cross then he presented himself falsely because he clearly identified himself as having been raised from the dead. So Islam is false because Muhammad said Jesus was a great prophet. If he did die on the cross then Islam is false. And of course, six centuries later anyone can say anything but where is the new evidence Jesus didn't die on the cross? If you will believe something without evidence what other crazy thing will you believe? Either way, Islam is false.

The disciples would be liars because if Jesus didn't die on the cross he wouldn't be much of a risen Lord all beat up and mutilated which clearly would be the case. Yet Muhammad said the disciples were true.

Why the Trinity? Well, when we pray we pray to the Father through the Son by the Spirit. And Jesus said He considered His equality with God not something to be grasped. Yet even so, it is true. Jesus said it best: "you're condemned already" (John 3.18).

You believe what Jehovah Witnesses believe. It's called Arianism. But God's word is clear...

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5.7). John the disciple whom Jesus loved most said this.

Jesus said in John 10, "I and the Father are one" being (v.30), "one Lord" (Deut.6.4) "from everlasting to everlasting" (Ps. 41.13, 90.2, 93.2, 103.17, 106.48, Hab. 1.12), "for ever and ever" (1 Chron. 16.36, 29.10, Neh. 9.5).

It is God "who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. No one has seen the Father except the one [Jesus] who is from God; only he has seen the Father" (1 Tim. 6.16, John 1.18). Both Paul and John are speaking! Are you listening? These are eyewitnesses to His glorious resurrection.

I like John 8.16,29 "It is not I alone," declared Jesus, "but I and he who sent me... And He who sent me is with me." That's co-equality of God's Persons.