PDA

View Full Version : Walking the Tight Rome Between Calvinism and Arminianism

Parture
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Re: REFORMEDARMINIAN
http://www.youtube.com/user/REFORMEDARMINIAN

]Total (means it effects every part of man). I believe you have a misunderstanding of what total depravity is. Where do you get your doctrine ? Who teaches you what arminianism is ? Or do you just define it for yourself. My understanding is based in history. Saying depravity over total depravity makes little difference. Total means that the depravity extends to every part of man. May I ask you where you get your teachings. I would like to address whoever you are getting these ideas from

Blessings...
Calvinists don't just mean Total means every part of man's being but that nobody receives God unless irresistibly made to and there is nothing they could do about it. This is in contrast to what Christians believe (OSAS Arminian) that we can respond because God has given us the enabling grace to be able to do so--called Total Ability or Free Will.

Someone has taught you falsely, because history doesn't agree with you or it could just be you confusing terms because it's like you are walking a tight rope between Arminianism and Calvinism. There are lots of people who feel a lot of pride in that. It makes them feel special however false that may be. Hence you called yourself Reformed Arminian though of course nothing about Arminianism needs reforming.

There is indeed not two meanings of of Total depravity in terms of how to be saved. You've just invented a meaning that doesn't apply to the debate to confuse. Jacob Arminius would say you are depraved but not Totally depraved like Calvinists teach. Saying depravity even partially depraved makes all the difference because it indicates God's grace is ample to lighten of our fallen condition. Just know that no man alive today is Totally depraved. One can not escape the pride that goes along with thinking people are Totally depraved in the way Calvinists use this term because of the conclusion rendered, so to come along and change the meaning of the term is inappropriate to say the least. Satan likes to be cunning. This is how he does it to confuse terms.

I think you should take your own advice. Examine where you first came up with the idea of Total depravity and you will find its source in the pride of thinking one irresistibly regenerated. It's interesting because you are projecting with your own words since you mentioned: "defined it yourself". It's idol and my prayer for you is to let it go. My source is the word of God and the Holy Spirit. What's yours? Hope this helps you see the mistake you are making. The 5 points of Arminianism are in response to the 5 points of Calvinism. The first point of Calvinism is called "Total depravity" as properly labeled. The first point of Arminianism is properly labeled Free Will or Ability. Don't confuse this. It's just a point of pride for you. Let it go.

Blessings...