PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Want You to Go to Hell!!!

Churchwork
03-05-2010, 05:08 PM
You know I don't want you to go to Hell, that's why I am asking you these very basic and obvious questions to get you to seriously think.

Uncreated Creator
1) Since all things in nature need a cause (that is the overwhelming preponderance of evidence beyond a reasonable doubt), then the universe needs a cause, so it can't start up all by itself from nothing, for that which does not exist can't produce anything. I trust you don't believe the universe came from nothing for that would be silly. But nor can it always have existed in an eternity of the past of cause and effects, because mankind would have approximated into that past eternity (I remember in grade 12 Calculus I was told anything approximating infinity is deemed as having effectively infinitely existed) and not still be sinning to the extent we still do along the exponential progression of conscience we are clearly on (e.g. on a per capita basis less human sacrifices, more women can vote). Ergo, since the universe or universes can't always have existed nor can they start up from nothing, there is logically only one possibility, there must exist the uncreated Creator. No matter how difficult that is to accept we must abide in the logic of it, if we are to be humble and honest with ourselves. Similarly, heat death would be far greater than is now.

No Naturalistic Explanation
2) I am particularly fond of Acts 1.3. Luke was meticulous. "To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God" (Acts 1.3). Here is the problem. Most skeptical scholars (I have a list of 2200 scholars since 1975 by Gary R. Habermas) concede at least some facts like they would do with any document of history, but nobody has been able to come up with a feasible naturalistic explanation to account for this data: 1) the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead; 2) they died as martyrs for their eyewitness testimony; 3) people NEVER willingly die for what they know to be a lie when they could save their lives by recanting; and 4) group hallucinations are medically impossible according to the modern day psychological manual, the DM-4.

12 Historical Facts (Most Critical Scholars Believe These 12 items) (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/garyhabermas.htm). Multiple attestation - 12 groups saw Jesus resurrected (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/12groups.htm).
1. Jesus died by crucifixion.
2. He was buried.
3. His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.
4. The tomb was empty (the most contested).
5. The disciples had experiences which they believed were literal appearances of the risen Jesus (the most important proof).
6. The disciples were transformed from doubters to bold proclaimers.
7. The resurrection was the central message.
8. They preached the message of Jesus’ resurrection in Jerusalem.
9. The Church was born and grew.
10. Orthodox Jews who believed in Christ made Sunday their primary day of worship.
11. James was converted to the faith when he saw the resurrected Jesus (James was a family skeptic).
12. Paul was converted to the faith (Paul was an outsider skeptic).

It's About Control
3) Hell is the place for those who don't like the way God did things and would prefer to be eternally separated from His presence. God respects your choice, treats you not as instrumental value but intrinsic value. Your choice is an eternal one, that is, you won't change your mind after this life when you leave your body of flesh and blood. The reason why people will be resurrected for Hell is because it is more painful for them to selflessly give up control of themselves than it is to cling onto control of self in Hell. Who do you want to be in control? Your Creator or you?

Give It Up and Be Set Free
4) Why not just give into Him? Pascal was right. Since Christianity is your only worthy consideration of all beliefs besides atheism or agnosticism, the risk of you being wrong by rejecting Jesus as your Lord and Savior if He is God, is the worse of all possible scenarios. If He is not God, you really gain nothing either way, for you will just cease to exist. Even if you are wrong it won't cost you that much. But if He is God and you accept Him as who He says He is, nothing is better.

Wow eh?