PDA

View Full Version : Who is Decreeing What in God's Design?

Parture
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Re: http://www.youtube.com/user/johnpolanco18

"Think how evil it would be for you to see two people in trouble and not help them"

How weak is god having the oppurtunity and desire to save all men yet is uncapable because of the FALLEN MAN's decrees instead of GOD decree???

My point is: Dont try to use philosophical assumtions about God because we can all use them..

I dont see the connection you say that Im brainwashed. I beleive that it is sufficient for all, but not all will beleive because not all are given by the father. How in the world is that Heretic.. When Jesus said it himself????

You said, "How weak is god having the opportunity and desire to save all men yet is uncapable because of FALLEN MAN's decree instead of God's decree?"

God has the desire to save all men not wanting any to perish, and He creates this relational design because He is relational. He gives man free will and sufficient grace. He is fully in control of the whole design, so He saves whosoever is willing. To God it is not an opportunity for He has already organized it all as His perfect design. He knows what's going to happen. He knows all our free-choices and has supplied us all with sufficient grace. Who's opportunity is it? For man who is born into sin it is an opportunity to be saved because God provides sufficient grace to all men. You are passing up a wonderful opportunity to be saved by grace throught faith, not by assuming regeneration lest any man should boast.

What is God's decree? God's decree is that He wants all to be saved but will only save those who receive what His Son did for them on the cross. Your decree is to refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated so God will send you to Hell. You can assume all you want you were irresistibly regenerated, but God won't save you your way since it was without repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

God's decree is that all who are willing will be saved by grace. His decree need not be mutually exclusive of giving man the right to choose or as you put it, to decree.

Ask yourself why not all are given by the Father? Don't just shut your mind down at that point but ask the question. God loves it when you think and ask questions and listen to your spirit's intuition. God draws all but not all are willing: they "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39). All the Father gives must be drawn, but not all drawn are given to the Son, because those such as yourself refuse to receive the Lord Jesus as your Savior.

Ask yourself another question. How can grace be sufficient if it is insufficient to give you the choice?

The reason you are brainwashed is because you picked up a Calvinist book, started reading it and did not critically think.

My prayers go out to you.

p.s. please learn to spell or use a spell checker.

Parture
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
So in your world view, God fails to save all man?? In fact He only gets to save a few. Am I Correct? Please Correct me if that is a wrong assumtion..

Brother, I was an Arminian ( YAY, I learned how to spell it.) when I used to go to a Pentecostal church. I wasnt a OSAS Arminian ( altough I think its a silly combination) but I basically beleived in the Arminian View. To be honest, I didnt even know what Arminian was nor what Calvinism was, but now I know that it was Arminian. So for you to assume that I picked up a Calvinist book and beleived in Calvinism its silly. Do you actually know what I've been studying, are you for sure that I did not pick up an "Arminian"book. Why do you assume that the only books I've read are James White books. For me, you are bearing false witness and that is a sin. Please Repent (change your mind) about this issue and stop acusing me of things that are not true.... Anyways, I expect an answer about the question I sent you.

There is a video from James White about a youtuber who sent him 6 question. James describes him.
Love, Jonathan Moreno

How can God be a failure since He designed it this way to give people the choice? He wants it this way as clearly revealed in the Scriptures. Is your god unable to give people free will and sufficient grace to "all men"? That's too bad. I guess God of the Bible trumps your god then.

God can save everyone for He is the "Savior of all men" (1 Tim. 4.10) "who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2.4). Are you calling Jesus a liar? If He provides sufficient enabling grace to all because He wants all to come to the knowledge of the truth, man must and can respond so is "without excuse" (James 1.20). There is no way around this. Paul didn't say, "Savior of all men WHO BELIEVE, specially those who believe." That makes no sense. Who talks like that? Those who specially believe come from the "all men" which have been given grace by of the Maintainer, Preserver and Deliverer. With the maintaining and preserving power comes the power of a Savior who can deliver all men. You can't divorce God's holding all things together from the sufficiency of God's grace for "all men" as Savior.

"Soter" (Savior) was the "name given by the ancients to deities, esp. tutelary deities, to princes, kings, and in general to men who had conferred signal benefits upon their country." What "signal benefit upon the whole country" does God provide? Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the whole world and God provides sufficient grace to all men.

We can't read this verse as Savor of all men MAINTAINED, specially those who believe" for what God would be the Sustainer but not a Savior? Sustaining for Hell is not preferred. The Life Application Study Bible for 1 Tim. 4.10 read, "Christ is the Savior of all, but his salvation becomes effective only for those who trust in him." The highest selling Christian study Bible in history is wrong on central doctrine? It's all about Jesus dying on the cross for the sins of the whole world and becoming sin for us. Do you see how Satan through Calvinism is trying to take that away? How is it loving to deny God's grace, mercy and love?

Just think how evil it is to worship your god who sends people to Hell from birth with no grace whatsoever or insufficient grace even though they were born that way and there was nothing they could do about it. As Dave Hunt says, What Love is This? This gives glory to Satan but certainly not God. If it is evil for us to behave this way and not help someone in need, why not your god? How can God have lower standards than us? Makes no sense. Thus, you are projecting the evil in your heart onto God making Him in your own image which keeps you eternally separated from God. You might say to yourself I can maintain these lower standards and be saved, but you are only deceiving yourself.

The choice is left up to the person as is the case in any relationship. Since God is relational, He never violates our free will. An evil tyrant would violate it, but not God. A gift is not forced on someone, but the recipient must willingly receive it. Don't make me cite an obvious example. :rolleyes::

Why do you think it is a silly combination to repent and believe in Christ, giving your life to the God who keeps when you are just a man who can't keep yourself saved? If you give your life to the right God, He knows you can't keep yourself saved, so He promises to keep you. Now that is a God you can trust in! That's why the Bible says those who are born-again "they shall never perish" (John 10.28).

I never got caught up in false teachings and changed my mind later like you do. You said you were a non-OSASer (not an Arminian) and a Pentecostal (gibberish babbler), now you are a Calvinist. What are you going to be next week? Since you weren't saved as a non-OSASer what makes you think you are saved now without having repented and believed in Christ to be regenerated, but just assumed by your fleshly will you were regenerated? We are not saved by assuming, lest any man should boast!

You didn't read any Calvinist's books? Or are you just being coy? It's interesting you mentioned White 4 times when I didn't mention him at all. Are you sure you never read a Calvinist's book before? Almost always when I talk to a Calvinist I later find out they started reading a Calvinist book. It's uncanny. It's like they read books on Calvinism before they read the Bible or didn't really feel like a Christian when reading the Bible until after reading a Calvinist book to only find out from a Christian showing through Scripture that is not what Calvinists believe at all.

Notice in regards to that video where those six questions are posed and responded to by White (in which he didn't even understand some of the questions), after much pleading from Christians, he still continues to refuse to respond to the response to his video presentation. If you would like to read that response, take a look at James White Declines Rebuttal to 6 Questions (http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?2748-James-White-Declines-Rebuttal-to-6-Questions) answered by two different individuals. The invitation is still open. Hopefully one day White will address these matters instead of continuing to shut his mind down.

p.s. learn to be conscientious and spell properly.