PDA

View Full Version : Paul and John vs. Joseph Smith

Scriptur
12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
"For by him [Jesus] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" (Col. 1.16,17).

Who was right? Joseph Smith or Paul? But John agreed with Paul also. So is Joseph Smith right and both Paul and John wrong?

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3).

Scriptur
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
"And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, [is] the LORD of hosts: the whole earth [is] full of his glory" (Is. 6.3). Isaiah would only worship a monotheistic God, yet we mention of God 3 times, referring to Holy Father, holy Son, holy Spirit.

Omnipresence is only possible if the deity is uncreated AND alone from everlasting. The Father is omnipresent: "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible" (Matt. 19.26). Jesus is omnipresent: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matt. 28.18). The Holy Spirit is omnipresent: "Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?" (Ps. 139.7)

Omniscience is only possible if the deity is uncreated AND alone from everlasting. The Father is omniscient: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" (Rom. 11.33) The Son is omniscient: "And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?" (Matt. 9.4). The Holy Spirit is omniscient: "But God hath revealed [them] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (1 Cor. 2.10).

Omnipotence is only possible if the deity is uncreated AND alone from everlasting. The Father is omnipotent: "Behold, I [am] the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" (Jer. 32.27) The Son is omnipotent: "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matt. 28.18). The Holy Ghost is omnipotent: "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ" (Rom. 15.19).

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28.19). God and preach the gospel in the name NOT names. If these were different beings it would be names not singular name.

The Trinity is like us with three essences, for He made us in His image, as triune beings: spirit, soul and body. We try to live by our spirit, to walk by the spirit so that our soul is like a steward to carry out the instructions received from our spirit through our body.

Scriptur
12-17-2009, 01:49 PM
"The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God" (John 10.33).

Jesus was worshiped as a baby in a manger as God.

Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and we will be satisfied. Jesus replied, "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! [Co-equal with the Father] So why are you asking to see him?" (John 14.8,9)

There is one God, no God, or many Gods. Many times the Bible says there is One God only. How else do you want the Bible to tell you this fact?

The difference in mindset between a Christian and a Mormon is that the Christian will never be able to fully comprehend God, whereas the Mormon must understand God in their human terms, after all, the god of Mormonism is just like the Mormon, a glorified man becoming a god.

This is the difference between humility and pride; dependency and independency.

C.S. Lewis said, "Christians cannot compete in simplicity with people who invent religions... anyone can be simple [or make a thought easy] if he has no facts to bother about" (165, Mere Christianity).

God is not 3 triplexes but one house with floors, walls and roof. Joseph Smith simplified God to such an extent it doesn't resemble God at all.