PDA

View Full Version : Atheists Have Free Will

InTruth
10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Re: http://www.thinkhumanism.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=444

Paolo,

I understand your position you don't really care anyway but that's the whole point. That is what you have chosen to do with your free will to be eternally separated from God. God wants to be with those who love Him and give into the undeniable proof.

He gives you the choice if you want to genuinely examine the evidence. He doesn't force you into it. It seems to me the position you are going with is that Jesus lied and could see may steps in advance (like that mad genius in the movie that just came out, Law Abiding Citizen, 2009) to produce a resurrection hoax. Movies are worldly, designed to try to convince you not to believe in Christ.

But like I said, it just doesn't fit the data. You should know the skeptical scholarly community flat reject your theory so you are delusionally holding onto it. Think about it. Jesus paid the guards off so He would be scourged down to the bone, a spear shoved into His chest cavity for water to come out, the spear cuts into his heart so blood gushes out, and you still think this is a payoff? Don't you know Roman guards are put to death if they didn't actually execute the person on the cross? There is the testimony of confirming His death by a member of the Sanhedrin Joseph of Arimathea, along with Nicodemus, when they put him in the rich man's tomb.

Would Jesus look like a risen Messiah if He didn't really die and resurrect? Could the Apostles really believe that? Our conversation is important, because you are losing the discussion, so you convince people to believe in Jesus since your best theory is utterly hopeless.