PDA

View Full Version : God is Simplying Things for the LDS, So You Will Accept Him

Nottheworld
10-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Re: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXuMmxbyJMc&NR=1

Are there other Jesus's? Just because you use the name Jesus doesn't mean you are a Christian. If you have to wear a lapel that says Jesus, you're most likely overcompensating. "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God" (2 John 1.9).

Mormons believe that Christopher Columbus was not the first person to discover America. They claim that, hundreds of years before Christ, a group of people led by a man named Lehi traveled there from the Middle East and founded a great civilization including such people as the Nephites and Lamanites. It does not, however, seem to describe the real world. I am not aware of any evidence that such a civilization ever existed. It is a great story, but its claims simply do not correspond with reality.

"If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him." (Deut. 13.1-4)

A Mormon (LDS) is a Smithgian not a Christian. Christians are monotheists. LDS are a polytheist going after other gods by claiming their existence.

Satan is Jesus' brother?

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3).

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him" (Col. 1.16).

"For if some one comes and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you submit to it readily enough."(2 Cor. 11.4). Another Jesus can't save you.

Is the Christian Church corrupt (believers) or the Mormons (LDS) corrupt?

Joseph Smith said don't join the Christian Church, it is corrupt; don't be born-again as Christians in the Church. Isn't that what Satan says?

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you] that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints." (Jude 3)

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt. 16.18).

If you are a Mormon or LDS, you can't say you love the Lord God of Israel. Just because you use Christianese doesn't make you a Christian. If God doesn't know any other gods how come you do?

"Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any" (Is. 44.8). Pretty basic. God is not trying to complicate things for you. He is trying to simplify them so you will accept Him.