PDA

View Full Version : Sure way to 100-fold Fruitfullness

Simon
01-17-2006, 01:20 AM
The Treasure is in the earthen vessel (2 Cor. 4:7). But if the earthen vessel cannot be broken, who can see the Treasure within? Have we seen what is the final objective of the Lord’s working in our lives? It is to break open this earthen vessel (2 Cor.4:7), to burst open our alabaster box (Mark 14:3), to crack open our shell (Jn. 12:24). The Lord longs to find a way to bless the world through those who belong to Him. Brokenness is the way of blessing, the way of fragrance, the way of fruitfulness. But, it is also a path sprinkled with ‘blood from our wounds.’ Yes, there is blood from the many wounds we suffer. When we offer ourselves to the Lord for His service, we cannot afford to be lenient and spare ourselves. We must allow the Lord to crack open our outward man utterly so that He may find a way out for His working through us.

If anyone wishes to maintain a true spiritual course he must cooperate with God in putting to death his own desire. All interests, inclinations and preferences must be denied. We should gladly accept man’s contradicting, despising, discounting, misunderstanding, and harsh criticising and permit these matters which are so antagonistic to natural desire to deal with our soul life. We should learn how to receive suffering, pain, or a lowly place as apportioned us by God. However much our self life feels pained or our natural feeling is hurt, we must bear them patiently. If we bear the cross in practical matters we shall shortly see our self life crucified on the cross we bear. For to carry the cross is to be crucified thereon. Every time we silently (and gladly ) accept (as from God) what goes against our natural disposition we receive another nail which pins our soul life more firmly to the cross. All vainglory has to die. Our longing to be seen, respected, worshiped, exalted and proclaimed needs to be crucified. Any heart for self-display must equally be crucified. Every pretension to spirituality in order to be praised must be cut down; so must all self-importance and self-exaltation. Our desire, whatever its expression, must be denied. Anything which is initiated by ourselves is defiled in the sight of God.

Matthew
02-04-2006, 05:14 PM
So in essence, we must endure the pain and suffering that goes on in this world, correct? In essence, we must not have wants that are excessive, because that would be submitting ourselves to the deadly sin of greed.

If we do not indulge ourselves as others do, then we can attain salvation, correct? In my occupation I see hundreds of people weekly that are found guilty for various crimes.. most of which are drug offenses. These people seem to try and take the easy way out so they can indulge upon their wants and desires of the material world.

I am curious as to why some people so readily give into these temptations, while others like myself work hard and honestly in order to survive. Are their spirits weak, or are they juse so impatient that they want to take as much as they can for themselves, leaving little to nothing for the rest of the people out there?

Also, would you be kind enough to answer met his question? In the past people tended to be a great deal more patient than now-a-days. In the past there was relatively little crime compared to how much corrpution and disorder there is today. This worsening condition, how can it be explained? Could it be because more people are raised without faith and the knowledge that others have?

Please forgive me if I am out of line at all, this is my first time posting here.

Thank you,
Matthew
"Fear Denies faith... Faith is eternal."

Churchwork
02-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Matthew,

The first post by Simon is for someone already in Christ who has God's life and the indwelling Spirit of truth, the Counselor. "The Lord longs to find a way to bless the world through those who belong to Him" and "If we bear the cross in practical matters we shall shortly see our self life crucified on the cross we bear." Obviously, only Christians have borne the cross.

In your profile, you said of yourself, "I am trying to redeem myself for the sins all mortals have committed throughout their lives". This is works; works can not save you whether by your gnoble or ignoble self. In God's mind neither save. If you were a Christian you would not try to redeemn yourself. This would not agree with the faith of Christians. You can't redeem yourself for the sins of mankind. Only Jesus can; why do you not know this if you say you agree to all 33 questions in your profile? You said your name is lucky. God's way is not luck, nor vanity.

Also, this was quite strange, "If we do not indulge ourselves as others do, then we can attain salvation, correct?" No. You must believe in the only begotten Son of God to receive salvation. You did not understand this? Yet you say agree in all 33 questions. Because you speak contrary to your profile, you are banned. You said you agree in all 33 questions in your profile, do you really? Please see item 4 under "Board Etiquette - http://biblocality.com/forums/rules.php

You asked, "Could it be because more people are raised without faith and the knowledge that others have?" Since there are more people in the world, in that sense, Yes, but not in the sense of upbringing since God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10.34). Everyone has an equal opportunity to be saved, though in your flesh you might not be able to see how that is possible because your perspective is too limited. According to percentages though, today there is less crime per capita, so you conclusion is wrong, "In the past there was relatively little crime compared." It is not the case at all.