PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Smith is Accursed with his False Gospel

InTruth
10-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Secret Contradictions of Mormons

"Let God's curse fall on anyone, including myself, who preaches any other message than the one we told you about. Even if an angel comes from heaven and preaches any other message, let him be forever cursed. I will say it again: If anyone preaches any other gospel than the one you welcomed, let God's curse fall upon that person" (Gal. 1.8-9).

Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, claimed that he was visited by the angel Moroni who informed him that the true gospel had been corrupted after the apostolic age. How was it corrupted? And thus has been absent from the earth for nearly 19 centuries. Smith viewed his calling as a restoration of true Christianity to the world. Of course, Christians don't consider Joseph Smith (1805-1844) a Christian anymore than Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), Charles Taze Russell (1870-1916) or Ellen Gould White (1827-1915). The Mormon gospel is based on self-effort, submission to baptism for regeneration, the acceptance of Joseph Smith as God's end-time prophet, a belief in the "inspired" Mormon scriptures, and the keeping of the Word of Wisdom, which includes abstinence from caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol (Doctrine and Covenants, section 89), among other things. Similarly, Islam teaches that the angel Gabriel delivered the Koran to Muhammad. The Apostle Paul identified all such human and angelic revelations as "contrary" gospels and pronounced a curse upon those who proclaim a false gospel.

"Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message" (Rom. 2.14-16). "Avoid the godless chatter and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge" (1 Tim. 6.20).

Mormons (LDS) have unresolved secret contradictions. In the Bible:
1) God says He is alone from everlasting, but LDS say He is not.
2) Jesus said He created all things, but LDS say He didn't.
3) God said there is no other gods, none besides and He knows not any, but LDS believe in infinite regress of beings or intelligences or gods.
4) Jesus said He is the I AM (First, Alpha) and so does the Father, but LDS says this is two different beings. How can you have more than one uncreated Creator?
5) The Bible says the saved shall never perish; LDS say they can and perish.
6) The Bible says there is a Hell where most people are headed. LDS says otherwise.

What is one to believe? LDS and Joseph Smith, or the Prophets and the Apostles?