PDA

View Full Version : God is Alone is One

everstill
10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
What else can God say to convince you He is one being?
"The Lord our God is One Lord" (Mark 12.29). "The Lord [Jehovah] our God, the Lord is One" (Deut. 6.4) - Footnote to major Bible versions: Or, The Lord our God is one Lord; or The Lord is our God, the Lord is one; or The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.

Key word here is "one" = "alone". The Father is called Jehovah God, the Son is called Jehovah God, the Spirit is called Jehovah God. They are alone as one. How can you be alone as one from everlasting if you are three beings? You are then alone as three, not as one.

Don't these 3 distinct Persons share the same attributes as the One God?
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name [Jesus], he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14.26).

"[Jesus says] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28.19).

"God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4.24).

"And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" (Matt. 12.32).

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3.16).

Jesus said, "I and my Father are One" (John 10.30), "The Lord our God is One Lord" (Mark 12.29), "We are One" (John 17.22).

All 3 Persons Create
"The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator" (Is. 40.28). "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1.1). "All things were made by him [Jesus]; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1.3). "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life" (Job 33.4).

One Jehovah - Three I AM's
"God the Father" (2 Pet. 1.17) is Jehovah, for "Jesus answered...it is my Father...he is your God" Jehovah (John 8.54). "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM [Jehovah]" (John 8.58). "But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost,...thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God" Jehovah (Acts 5.3-4).

Jesus said "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (John 1.8) just as the Almighty God; and again, Jesus said, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev. 22.13) as the Father is the first and the last. Again, Jesus said, "Fear not; I am the first and the last" (Rev. 1.17) as the Father is in the Triune God: "Thus saith the LORD [Jehovah "the existing One"] the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God" (Is. 44.6). Jesus is clear, "I and my Father are One" (John 10.30) Being, the existing One.

Either there is two first's and two last's which is linguistic suicide and logical redundancy. Or there are two Alpha's and two Omega's which is Greek suicide, or the Father is a Person in the Godhead just as Jesus is and the Spirit is. God used language as well as can be done to indicate God is One Being alone from everlasting, not three beings. So if you don't accept Him, what else can convince you to love Him? If God was three beings alone from everlasting which is logically impossibly since then you would have to ask where these others come from, then God would have given such a word in His word. To cut up God into beings is to make God impersonal. That's the god of Mormonism.