PDA

View Full Version : What Do Catholics Believe About the 1000 Years?

Churchwork
09-27-2009, 06:42 AM
"And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season." (Rev. 20.3).

When do Catholics say the 1000 years is and what does it mean to you? It would seem to me the nations are still deceived and Satan is not in his pit yet. Consider Hitler.

It would make no sense that the 1000 years is eternity future in the New City, for by then Satan will in Hell and never let out.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years" (v.4).

It doesn't feel like Christians are reigning right now, nor have returned with Christ (Jude 14,15).

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison" (v.7).

He is released for a short while at the end of the 1000 years to show he will never repent, man still had yet some hidden sin, and God's good pleasure finally put Satan in Hell for eternity.