PDA

View Full Version : Preponderance of Evidence Matters

Finestwheat
09-21-2009, 01:45 AM
The Universe always has a cause? Please state that clearly. How is it that anyone is saying something came from nothing? There is no concluding evidence that something cannot come from nothing. What are you talking about, "heat death"? And why would man not be in the state he is now? We aren't saying that man was created at the instant the universe was created.

Let me see if I can state it more clearly: the universe ALWAYS has a cause. You haven't heard atheists say the universe started up all by itself or something in nature just spontaneously happened all by itself, that would be from nothing, to try to disprove God? Aren't you now arguing possibly something could come from nothing? Doesn't that violate the scientific method for the 1st law of thermodynamics? You think that if the universe had existed for 50 billion years more than it is now, it would not experience more heat death than it does presently? Do you really think man would be sinning as much as he does now considering how far we have come in just a few thousand years? Man doesn't have to be created at the instant of a an alleged universe from eternity past, but he certainly would have approximated to it if your claim was true. Therefore he would not still be sinning as much as he does now. I think you are making the mistake, pompously so, of thinking you have to be God to know if God exists, because you are requiring you have to know everything to know if the universe needs a cause. That will never happen. You're just not that bright. If in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt and preponderance of evidence can determine an outcome and is scientifically by existentialists in the scientific method, then it would seem you are being unreasonable.

Finestwheat
09-21-2009, 01:55 AM
I think the concept of an eternally-existing sentient being of infinite power is even stranger. It gets positively absurd when one tries to link this hypothetical being with any one of the world's religions: You get everything from gods who kill themselves in order to forgive people, to multi-armed deities drinking rivers of poison, to goddesses who hide out in caves till someone shows them a mirror.
I think you are arguing they can't all be right. I agree. But one has to be right because God who personally involves Himself is better than one who doesn't, so one of the religions is correct. I don't think Jesus killed himself. I think sinners did that, so that in killing Him who knew no sin, they are guilty, just as you are because sin needs to be punished and does not get off scot free. It leads not just to your death but also the second death which is Hell to be eternally separated from. Every ailment requires the proper healing as well as diagnosis. Unless your Creator pays the penalty Himself for those who receive His payment, they may not be saved any other way. It is a legal transaction to be justified by faith and faith alone in Christ. Praise the Lord!

Finestwheat
09-21-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't know how the universe came into existence. Some of us understand the importance of admitting when something is simply unknowable at this point in time.

But there are scientific theories (of the theoretical math variety) which suggest things like multiverses/bubble universes, and branes (part of string theory, I think) as possible explanations to how our universe formed. But I don't know nearly enough about quantum physics to begin to make an informed decision on which, if any, are more likely true.
I think you are just shutting your mind down because of self and sin in your heart since you now the conclusion is God exists and therefore, you are accountable. You don't want to be accountable so you get delusional. The preponderance of evidence of trillions of causes in nature clearly tell us something can't come from nothing. And you don't need to know everything and need to be God to know if God exists. Obviously, you are not God. Pride is getting the better of you. That's silly, your self-professed humility is really just being obnoxious. While multiverses, bubbleverses, branes, and strings can explain how the universe formed, they don't explain how something can come from nothing.