PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Man's Spirit, Soul and Body

Churchwork
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
The word of the LORD will be to them precept upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little, there a little. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. May the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the word of God is living, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing even to the dividing of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and quick to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart. And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. It is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God. The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual body. So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul; the last Adam a life-giving spirit. And Mary said, My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour. Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? And the God of peace himself sanctify you wholly; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved entire, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Thus says the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him. It is the Spirit himself bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God. And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, Why do you question thus in your hearts? But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For God is my witness, whom I serve in my spirit in the gospel of his Son, how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers. He who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. The sons of Joseph, who were born to him in Egypt, were two souls: all the souls of the house of Jacob, that came into Egypt, were threescore and ten. Give me not up to the will (original, “soul”) of my adversaries; for false witnesses have risen against me, and they breathe out violence. Now set your mind and heart (original, “soul”) to seek the LORD your God. That a soul be without knowledge is not good. Keep sound wisdom and discretion and they will be life for your soul. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. For whatever thy soul desireth or for whatever thy soul asketh of thee thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thy house. I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall exult in my God. For the life (original, “soul”) of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life. It is sown a soulical body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?

Of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die. God is the God of the spirits of all flesh! When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate. But He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. Let no one deceive himself. If any one among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, He catches the wise in their craftiness. and again, The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile. For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will bring to naught the cleverness of the clever and the prudent. Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. God's way seems foolish to the Jews because they want a sign from heaven to prove it is true. And it is foolish to the Greeks because they believe only what agrees with their own wisdom. But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles. but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. Adam was not deceived, but the woman being beguiled hath fallen into transgression. Then the LORD God said to the woman, What is this that you have done? The woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I ate. The man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. For man believes with his heart (not mind) and so is justified, and he confesses with his lips and so is saved. Shall I give my first-born for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. Sin is the acquiescence in the temptation. Give the heave-offering of Jehovah, to make atonement for your souls. For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it for you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life. To make atonement for our souls before Jehovah. Yet it pleased Jehovah to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of Jehovah shall prosper in his hand. he shall see the fruit of the travail of his soul and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous; and he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he poured out his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors: yet he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. In the day that you eat of it (the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil) you shall die. It is these who cause divisions, natural, not having spirit (literal). And Jehovah said, My Spirit shall not always plead with Man; for he indeed is flesh; but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. At the end of the time there should be mockers, walking after their own lusts of ungodlinesses. These are they who set themselves apart, natural men, not having spirit. The natural (soulish) man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.