PDA

View Full Version : Scriptural Locality

Churchwork
08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I believe in Scriptural locality.

"And when they had appointed for them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they had believed. But we will not glory beyond our measure, but according to the measure of the province which God apportioned to us as a measure, to reach even unto you. For this reason I left you in a region of churches, that you should set in order the things which remain, and appoint elders for every city as I directed you...without taking sides or showing special favor to anyone. Never be in a hurry about appointing an elder" (Acts 14.23, 2 Cor. 10.13, Titus 1.5, 1 Tim. 5.22).

"According to the measure of the province" is the region of churches an Apostle works in. Nothing larger. There is no Pope or Archdiocese of United States. The Apostle is directly commissioned by God to appoint Elders of a locality who in turn approves Elders of meeting places. This is the "first love" God intends to have us return to before first rapture according to readiness takes place (Rev. 3.10, Luke 21.36, Matt. 24.40-41,42, Rev. 7.9).

For example, I am an Apostle for the churches of Alberta, Canada, and I appoint Elders for each city of believers (church) in my region of churches. I am not the only Apostle for my region of churches. There are others. We agree on a number of truths in God's word. This is how the Church can know we are Apostles if we say we are. And there are often more than one Elder of a locality. In turn the Elder of a locality approves Elders of meeting places in his or her locality. Elders agree on a lesser number of questions.

Praise the Lord!