PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Smith Thought He Might Go to Hell

AlwaysLoved
08-24-2009, 02:34 AM
"I see no faults in the Church, and therefore let me be resurrected with the Saints whether I ascend to heaven or descend to hell, or go to any other place. And if we go to hell, we will turn the devils out of doors and make a heaven of it. What do we care where we are?" (Joseph Smith, June 23, 1843)

Conclusion: Smith thought he might go to hell and interestingly, found no fault with orthodox Christianity even though his teaching completely contradicts what the Church has classically taught on the Trinity and that salvation is a free gift not by works.

"God made Aaron a mouthpiece for the children of Israel, and he will make me be God to you in his stead and if you don't like it, you must lump it." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 363)

Joseph Smith said that there are men living on the moon living like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old. Since he was wrong about the moon, is it safe to trust him regarding the way to Heaven? (The Young Women's Journal, Vol. 3, pages 263-264. An official mormon magazine in 1892. See reprint in Mormonism - Shadow or Reality? by Jerald and Sandra Tanner, page 4)

"Exaltation is eternal life, the kind of life that God lives. ...He is the creator. We can become Gods like our Heavenly Father. This is exaltation." (Official Mormon Doctrine, Gospel Principles, pages 289-293 by Corporation of the president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

Mormons believe Adam became God so when they pray to God they are praying to Adam. It is documented in the book, Secret History how people have been killed trying to leaving Mormonism.