PDA

View Full Version : Harmonize This!

ridiculous_faith
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
This is my first (and probably last) post, seeing that the moderator/owner of this site doesn't seem to care for dissenting views or opinions.

How do you "the Bible is the inerrant word of God" folks harmonize the birth narrative in Mathew with the birth narrative in Luke?:rolleyes::

InTruth
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Why don't you think it is harmony? I hope you are not one of those who attacks the deity of Christ by demanding inerrancy and then searching for something wrong with the Bible. That is a ridiculous faith. You'd have to reject every document in history and could accept nothing as true if that were your approach, because you have set out to rationalize your already committed view. To believe in Christ is enough by realizing you can't find a naturalistic explanation to explain away the eyewitness accounts. That's how you prove to Christians Jesus is God and so you bolster our faith.

ridiculous_faith
08-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Why don't you think it is harmony? I hope you are not one of those who attacks the deity of Christ by demanding inerrancy and then searching for something wrong with the Bible. That is a ridiculous faith. You'd have to reject every document in history and could accept nothing as true if that were your approach, because you have set out to rationalize your already committed view. To believe in Christ is enough by realizing you can't find a naturalistic explanation to explain away the eyewitness accounts. That's how you prove to Christians Jesus is God and so you bolster our faith.

Hello InTruth.

If every document in history claimed to be divinely inspired, I would reject them all. Wouldn't you?

Furthermore, why don't you demand inerrancy? Shouldn't God be perfect and unerring? Shouldn't he be all-knowing and perfect in all his knowledge? Any God who is less than this, isn't much of a god, are they? How could he inspire something that is less than this? Surely this point is not lost on you. Surely you can see thru the fog that is your personal dogma and detect the obvious?

And if you truly believe that the Bible is the "Word of God" why do you belittle and demean it by comparing it with historical documents written by man?

InTruth
08-06-2009, 07:29 AM
The problem is if God does provide His inspiring word and you reject all, then your provide God no way of giving His word. Seems closed-minded of you. An open mind allows for God to prove His word if He indeed does.

I do insist upon inerrancy for God is perfect. But that is not how God leads you to Christ, for God knows your limitations. He does not expect man to be able to check out everything thoroughly in Scripture, for that would mean only the brightest people could be saved. Even the most studied and learned scholars could have studied more and examined the documents even more thoroughly.

He leads you to Christ by realizing you can't find a naturalistic way to explain away His resurrection. It shouldn't be hard to do if you could do it. Start off by treating the Bible like any other historical document and see if it holds up to the standard of historical inquiry in proving the resurrection of Jesus.

So far, between you and I, you keep admitting Jesus is God because you can't explain away the resurrection claim naturalistically. Praise the Lord!

Your faith is ridiculous. Do you see how make my faith stronger, because you can't find a naturalistic explanation to explain away the eyewitness claims and resurrection data? This evidence should lead you to Christ, but instead you shut your mind down to your irrational thoughts and prepare yourself to spend an eternity in Hell.

Jot down on a piece of paper how you feel inside using the crowbar, "I feel..." to whatever feelings come out spontaneously. Ask yourself what assumptions you hold. What are you blaming? What are the expectations you have for what will happen to you after you die. How do you view things in your daily affairs? Write them down. What is your attitude towards God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit. Write down those feelings and beliefs you have about God. This will help give you a clearer understanding of the foretaste you have now of what Hell will be like for you for eternity.

ridiculous_faith
08-06-2009, 07:44 AM
There's a simple test for determining whether or not a document is the word of God: inerrancy. I have proved that the book that you worship is errant, therefore I have proved that it is not the word of god; however it could be the work of Satan, have you ever considered this?

You didn't answer my question. Is it possible that the Bible is the work of Satan?

InTruth
08-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Does your issue disprove the resurrection data? If not, then Jesus is still God. For you see the resurrection proof does not depend on the inerrancy of the Bible. At a minimum the inerrancy of God's word is the resurrection proof. Start from there. Let the evidence flow and lead you where it may. How can you make a comment on what is inerrant and what is not (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible) unless you examine the evidence?

ridiculous_faith
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
You didn't answer my question. Is it possible that the Bible is the work of Satan?

InTruth
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't seen any evidence for it being the work of Satan. I see Jesus saying He is God and that mankind is deceived by Satan putting Jesus to death on the cross, but God works this evil for good. By His death on the cross He pays for your sins so that you may be forgiven and be presentable to God if you are willing.

In post #5 and again in #7 you asked, "You didn't answer my question. Is it possible that the Bible is the work of Satan?"

Did you edit this question into your post #5 after I responded? I don't remember seeing it there when I was replying. I would have responded to it.

Moreover, where did you ask this question before in post #1 or #3? It seems like you are trying to be sneaky.

You're certainly playing the part of a non-Christian, not exhibiting the fruit of the Holy Spirit.