PDA

View Full Version : Clarification Proving God

OmegaFacePalm
07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
A friend wrote me this, these are not my words. He says "This is someting my friend wanted me to post after reading your 4 step perfect proof, It explains why he remains agnostic."

1) If time itself has a starting point, then the origin of the universe must lie outside of time. Here, cause and effect do not apply since there is no chronology.

2)We know conciousness exists but know very little about it. If the cause of the universe, lying outside of space and time, posses a conciosness similar to our own, we can call it "God"

3)However, we do not know if this uncaused event or thing possess a conciousness of even if conciousness can exist outsde of space and time. Therefore we do not know for sure if God exists.

Churchwork
07-22-2009, 10:44 PM
1) You assume causation requires the chronology of time, but that idea is disproven by the fact that time can't cause itself since all things in nature have a cause including time. Therefore, before time began, the uncreated brought time into existence along with nature. God couldn't create time and the universe from time, because that would not be creating out of Himself.

2) We are made in God's image. We have a mind. He reveals His mind to us by the Holy Spirit.

3) We know God exists because unconsciousness cannot produce consciousness anymore than a bird house could produce a bird. Therefore, we do know God exists. You should be embarrased by how hard you fight the obvious. I would be.

The Triune God reveals Himself in all 3 points raised. The Person of Jesus Who created and entered time; the Person of the Holy Ghost Who convicts, convinces us and draws us near to God; and the Person of God the Father Whom the Lord Jesus is in perfect obedience to, to show us perfect obedience.

Praise the Lord!