PDA

View Full Version : Typical Unregenerate Calvinist

Churchwork
07-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Re: Patrick Smith (nickname jaiotu on Youtube) responds to my video "Calvinists Refuse to Repent and Believe in Christ" to be Regenerated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTZWZE91rDk

Patrick's response - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Cp4Y-8auA&feature=response_watch

And my response in kind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpfGv0yF-rw&feature=response_watch

Patrick says the Bible says "Believe in Jesus Christ and we shall be saved." I agree. But Patrick bears false witness when he said I said, "Believe in Jesus Christ for regeneration and ye shall be saved." I never said that. I have said regeneration is salvation as all OSAS Arminians believe. Initial salvation doesn't come after regeneration. Initial salvation is regeneration. So believe in Jesus Christ and ye shall be regenerated, that is, saved.

Patrick accuses, "as if you have to have a theological concept built in your mind, a construct, that is anti-Calvinist in order to even believe in Jesus Christ." Don't blame me that God only saves one way and will not save you if you continue to refuse to repent and believe in Christ Jesus. Label that anti-Calvinist or a construct if you wish, but the fact remains you reject the only way God will save you by repenting and believing in Christ to be saved which is regeneration, the new birth. Don't be offended by this, for I have told you the truth. Believe on Christ rather than without repentance and faith in Jesus merely just assume pridefully you are regenerated irresistibly which forced you to repent and believe. Christians don't consider this true repentance.

Patrick admits his own unsalvation when he said, "Mr. Brooks, we are not commanded by the Bible to believe in Jesus Christ" to be regenerated (saved). But Titus 3.5 says, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost." Not by works IS by faith. Are faith and works contrasted as opposites? "By grace are ye saved, through faith;...not of works" (Eph. 2.8-9); "But to him that worketh not, but believeth..." (Rom. 4.5). That makes me very sad that Patrick is unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. "Repent and turn from all your transgressions.... Throw off all the transgressions you have committed and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit.... So repent and live!'" (Ezek. 18.30,31,32) The new spirit of regeneration follows repentance.

Patrick says "faith is a gift of God in salvation, given to the sinner in order to repent." Christians don't deny faith is a gift of God and is given. "We have also obtained access by faith into this grace" (Rom. 5.2), "for by grace are ye saved through faith" (Eph. 2.8). Notice Ephesians doesn't say by faith are you saved through grace (regeneration). Rather, it is through faith are you saved by grace. God provides sufficient grace for all to obtain the gift faith that is why He pleads with all. This is believing on Christ. Patrick is unwilling to repent and believe in Christ to be saved. He insists and prides himself over you claiming he was given the gift of faith by being regenerated which made him repent, but you and others were not given this irresistible regeneration as his god glories in sending people to hell who were born sinners, not of their own doing, without any grace whatsoever to have the choice. What love is this?

The Holy Spirit in the believer's spirit, even if a Christian doesn't know much, immediately raises the voice of alarm in that still small voice that something is not right. What the Christian is sensing is the self-exalted pride of the Calvinist. The Calvinist admittedly will never repent of this pride they were regenerated irresistibly and others were not, for no reason other than that's just the way it is. That's pompous. Their assumption is untenable, for that is why they "persevere" to prove their Satanic conversion experience is real. But Christians don't work to "persevere" but work as the Holy Spirit moves us for we are truly born-again and God preserves us and do good works in Him. He protects us and keeps us safe. Nobody can pluck us out of His hand.

Patrick admits "it makes all the difference in the world." I agree, for Patrick is not born-again, as he admits he believes "faith is given in order to repent to be saved." This idea is evil the way the Calvinist views it. For it is evil for God to arbitrarily give some people faith to cause them to repent and not provide others with the enabling grace to be able to obtain the gift of faith also. The common theme in the unregenerated Calvinist's heart is he refuses to repent in Christ, but prides himself over others he claims don't receive this irresistible faith. This is ugly to God and defiles the Christian heart to think in these terms. "Willingly offered" such as "the people willingly offered themselves" (Judges 5.2) and they "willingly offered a freewill offering unto the Lord" (Ezra 3.5) are the genuine responses to the offer of salvation as Jesus to Nicodemus, "whosoever believeth" (John 3.16). Therefore, we can see Patrick adds to the word, violating Rev. 22.18, by adding that you must be regenerated first and of course, by choice, assume it. He takes away from the word of God (v.19) by telling you that you don't have to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. But Scripture is clear, "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3.19) and become a child of God.

Conversion (salvation, new birth, regeneration, born-again) follows repenting and believing in Christ. No Scripture can be found otherwise. The Holy Spirit has put it on my heart to say the reason a person is a Calvinist is because there is something wrong with their conversion experience. Either it is unspecific, timewise it is vague, or it doesn't seem to stick, so in comes the heresy and pet teaching of Calvinism to make up for it, a special gnostic teaching of Total depravity as though we were created evil supernatural powers, not the ultimate God, who makes everyone Totally depraved. This is the idol of Calvinism. Your depravity is not Total. Depravity indicates willfulness, not necessity as Dave Hunt says on page 77 of Debating Calvinism (2004).

Patrick accuses me of talking out of context, but he fails to show it, so he is just bearing false witness as you would expect. He accuses me of taking down the comments in text response to videos I have posted. I have only done this because I don't have the time to adequately respond, but I think I might have time to respond to video responses only and people can still come onto my forums at biblocality.com.

God's purpose for election in Romans 9 is not indicating an insufficient grace for some or irresistibly imposing salvation on others. Not at all. That would be assuming into the text. So stop assuming regeneration for yourself and simply like a child repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated.

God's work of salvation in Jesus Christ is grounded in the truth that He is sovereign over all things. The certainty of the inheritance that is ours in Christ is based upon the fact that God's purpose will never fail, and His purpose is grounded in the more basic truth that He "works all things after the counsel of His will." This is the positive way of stating what Paul said in Romans 9:11.

Don't rip out of context Romans 9 by assuming irresistibly imposed regeneration on some and other denied sufficient grace to even have the choice. It does not say that!

Patrick thinks the body of Christ is being divided by exposing Calvinism, but if Calvinists are not members of the body of Christ then this is bringing brothers and sisters together with proper teaching and not letting false teachers deceive the Church. Calvinists are just seeking by their flesh to uphold their self-exaltation and pride above the children of God who have already come to cross like little children who could never have fathomed such heresy.

Patrick says "we are not saved in Arminian views." Oh but we are, for Arminius reflected exactly how God saved and how to be saved. We are saved in Jesus Christ, but the Christ the Calvinist purports is not the Christ but a "false Christ" who like Hitler' sovereignty sends the Jews off the gas chamber without any recourse whatsoever and makes the Aryan race from birth the selected ones who did not have to be repent and believe to be converted. The presumption is saying "Lord, Lord" will save you and anyone who professes in a Christ is saved, if one is not allowed to discern the unsalvation of a Calvinist. That would mean 1 in 3 people are saved just becaus they say so; even Oprah Winfrey because she says she believes in Christ by faith alone. Except when you find out what that really means you know she is not saved just as when you find out what the Calvinist really means, you know he is not saved. Patrick, your typical Calvinist, takes away from the word of God by saying don't repent and believe in Christ so God will regenerate you. That's like the Devil (rewind that!). This is a selfish salvation, one in which you don't have to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. They might as well wear a big sign on their head they don't want to be saved God's way. The phrase has often been used to describe Calvinism as "stacking the deck" or "having your cake and eating it too."

Patrick says perseverance of the saints and preservation of the saints are the same thing, two sides of one coin, and God is doing all of it. The problem is two fold: 1) The god of Calvinism causing the Calvinist to persevere irresistibly while at the same time denying sufficient grace for everyone to enter into union with Christ which indicates a forced union for those who call themselves Calvinists and an impotent god either unwilling or unable to save to the uttermost. "He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him" (Heb. 7.25). What God of the Bible can do, the god of Calvinism is either unwilling or unable. Either way he is not of God. And 2) the real reason there is the persevering of the Calvinist is because it was never their choice to be regenerated in their scheme. They refused to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated proving to them the only way to be saved was by assuming it was irresistibly given. I wouldn't hold much confidence in that. Their salvation was unconditionally caused to happen.

Calvinists get off on various orderings or constructs of Calvinism such as supra-, infra- and other variations of lapsarianism, but realize it is all the same deception. All Calvinism is hyper for all Calvinism teaches Total depravity and non-sufficient grace for all in which their god does not save to the uttermost. He does not save the most and damn the least. Free will is preserved in saving the most and damning the least. Anything less is evil. Patrick did not address these two underlying problems with his teaching by merely saying these are two sides of one coin. Actually, God is God and man is man. They are not one coin. And it is not all God's doing, for God gives man the free-choice. God doesn't fellowship with robots. He wants fellowship with sovereign free-willed beings whom He can have a relationship with. Imposing on someone is not true salvation. If I force you to be my friend, are you really my friend? If I deny you any opportunity for friendship, do I really deserved to be called a friend of sinners?

Patrick accuses of saying "Oh my God!" in reference to the false teaching of open theism and non-OSAS is using the Lord's name in vain. Not at all. It is standing on God's side against these heresies. My God's wrath comes against such heretical teachings. Saying Oh my God about your hair style is frivolous and not the same thing as saying Oh my God this person refusing God's love. I have said this reverently. Take this example. You come home and you find a robber in your house, you immediately respond in shock, Oh my God! Your response is most appropriate. Patrick in his petty self would come along, of course, and accuse of using the Lord's name in vain to circumvent the problem of his unsalvation. This is called deflection. There is a robber in your house and he has gained a stronghold in your mind through the demon of Calvinism. The accusation of the evil spirit accuses things of being sin that are not sins and even wants you to repent of them to side with him. But hear me out. Christians, "But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all know. But the anointing which you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that any one should teach you; as his anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie, just as it has taught you, abide in him" (1 John 2.20,27). If you know something in your spirit and nothing in the word of God was shown to the contrary then rebuke your accuser in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. As Christians we will be accused of many things, but keep praying for your accuser, for he knows not what he does.

I can understand a person not allowing written commentaries on Youtube because the format is very cumbersome if you have used it before, but who has time to respond to them all. At least provide some avenue of communication such as video responses. Or through forums if you have them. Email or private message. But James White doesn't do this. He has admitted he shut off the line of communication to me personally, insisting no more emails, he doesn't respond on the forums, and you can't post a video response to his video response to my six questions, so all you can do is point him to the forums where I responded (http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2748). Like I said, it's hopeless for him. If you are not allowed to comment, then how is that Patrick was able to comment by his video response? The door is open for Patrick even while he bears false witness. And he still has access to contact me by email, on the forums or further videos. So he is just blowing smoke.

Now back to Calvinism. Since I responded to all points and it wasn't shown, therefore, how I have misrepresented Calvinism, but it was shown how and why the Calvinists continues to refuse to repent and believe in Christ and worship an evil god who doesn't provide sufficient grace to everyone to the uttermost, the believer in Christ is left with only one conclusion, testified by the Holy Spirit that the Calvinist is not born again. So if you are a Calvinist or even a Christian deceived in Calvinism, repent! If you can't repent, realize there is reason. The reason is you are controlled by the evil spirit of Calvinism that has such hold on you, I dare say very few Calvinists will ever receive Christ into their lives sad to say. That is the plain truth.

Praise the Lord for this discernment! Amen.