PDA

View Full Version : Cristianity is detrimental

mnb
07-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Yes, you read correctly, Christianity can be, and is, dangerous. It can be and is detrimental to society, and it deliberately denies scientific evidence and conclusions in favor of those views of goat herders that made stuff up 2000+ years ago.

First off, religion has made no modern contribution to society. In fact, science has done more in one year than religion has in two thousand years. The fact that you are even reading this means you have a computer, a triumph of engineering. The fact that you have a car or other automotive transportation is another triumph. The aspirin you have in your cabinet is another. Even the simplest, most ordinary things, like printer paper and Band-Aids initially required a great amount of thought, reason, and experimentation through multiple designs and manufacturing processes.

Since when has religion done this? A sense of belonging and happiness are all fine and dandy, but these can be had without Christianity. In a sense, Christianity is selling something that you can get for free.

Another thing that really ticks me off about Christianity is their belief that homosexuality is evil. I could say that genetics is responsible, but all you would do is retreat to the Bible and continue the delusion that homosexuality is unnatural.

Do you realize the kind of evidence you are refuting? Do you know how many years of research it took to decode the Human Genome and find the gay gene (yes, there is such a thing). Do you know how smart scientists are? It took a team of these hard-working, intelligent people to come to this conclusion. The same is true with any big discovery in any field. Sure, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of the world, but no one, NO ONE is entitled to their own facts. Not you, not me, no one. Spirituality has nothing to do with genetics and nothing to do with homosexuality. If you want gays to apologize for being gay, you may as well tell me to apologize for having sandy brown hair. It's that ridiculous. You should also give me an alchemy textbook from ancient Greece and tell me it is true. The Bible is tantamount to that.

And these are just a few of the things that Christianity is guilty of, not to mention its opinion of atheism, which is completely and utterly false.

Also, if you're going to give me the first cause argument, http://home.comcast.net/~biblicalindecency/bad_arguments.htm
explains my argument better than I can.

1: You're assuming that time is linear and finite. Sure, it seems so from our limited perspective, but who's to say that this is the case at the edges of time and space? Check into modern physics: the "Big Bang" isn't as stupid a theory as you think.

2: Even if time is linear and finite, does God really solve the infinite regress problem? Essentially, you're saying that God extends infinitely backward in time. Yet again, God is patched into a mystery not because of evidence but because it's easier to assume there's a conscious process instead of trying to truly understand the mystery.

Click here (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theism/cosmological.html) if you want to look deeper into this issue. Especially this article (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/quentin_smith/causation.html).

You're probably saying that I'm going to hell for all of this unless I come to Jesus. I don't see how you think this is going to convert me. The fact that I would respect a God that condemns free thought and uses extortion to get followers is something I find poisonous, and if the devil is, in fact speaking through me, he's speaking pretty damned logically.

In conclusion:

There is no God. There is no soul. There is no afterlife. Christianity CAN be dangerous and detrimental.

AlwaysLoved
07-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Yes, you read correctly, Christianity can be, and is, dangerous. It can be and is detrimental to society, and it deliberately denies scientific evidence and conclusions in favor of those views of goat herders that made stuff up 2000+ years ago.

First off, religion has made no modern contribution to society. In fact, science has done more in one year than religion has in two thousand years. The fact that you are even reading this means you have a computer, a triumph of engineering. The fact that you have a car or other automotive transportation is another triumph. The aspirin you have in your cabinet is another. Even the simplest, most ordinary things, like printer paper and Band-Aids initially required a great amount of thought, reason, and experimentation through multiple designs and manufacturing processes.

Since when has religion done this? A sense of belonging and happiness are all fine and dandy, but these can be had without Christianity. In a sense, Christianity is selling something that you can get for free.

Some of the greatest scientists were Christians. How is it fine and dandy to spend an eternity in Hell separated from God? God is relational. He wants a relationship.

Another thing that really ticks me off about Christianity is their belief that homosexuality is evil. I could say that genetics is responsible, but all you would do is retreat to the Bible and continue the delusion that homosexuality is unnatural.

Genetically some people are born into the sin of homosexuality and are programmed by homosexual parents. But the Holy Spirit can by the power of the cross can overcome this sin. Genesis doesn't say Adam and Evan, but Adam and Eve.

Do you realize the kind of evidence you are refuting? Do you know how many years of research it took to decode the Human Genome and find the gay gene (yes, there is such a thing). Do you know how smart scientists are? It took a team of these hard-working, intelligent people to come to this conclusion. The same is true with any big discovery in any field. Sure, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of the world, but no one, NO ONE is entitled to their own facts. Not you, not me, no one. Spirituality has nothing to do with genetics and nothing to do with homosexuality. If you want gays to apologize for being gay, you may as well tell me to apologize for having sandy brown hair. It's that ridiculous. You should also give me an alchemy textbook from ancient Greece and tell me it is true. The Bible is tantamount to that.

And these are just a few of the things that Christianity is guilty of, not to mention its opinion of atheism, which is completely and utterly false.
Repent of these sins and God will forgive you to reconcile you back to Himself through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

Also, if you're going to give me the first cause argument, http://home.comcast.net/~biblicalindecency/bad_arguments.htm
explains my argument better than I can.

1: You're assuming that time is linear and finite. Sure, it seems so from our limited perspective, but who's to say that this is the case at the edges of time and space? Check into modern physics: the "Big Bang" isn't as stupid a theory as you think.

2: Even if time is linear and finite, does God really solve the infinite regress problem? Essentially, you're saying that God extends infinitely backward in time. Yet again, God is patched into a mystery not because of evidence but because it's easier to assume there's a conscious process instead of trying to truly understand the mystery.

Time can't cause itself. Just like the first singe-celled organism can't bring itself into being. Christians believe in the big bang theory. We don't think its stupid. Why do you think we think that?

There cannot be an eternity of the past of cause and effects because of heat death and the exponential progression of conscience disallows it, for man would not still be sinning to the extent he still does.

Actually God exists outside of time, so technically He is not in time, so He is not really extending back infinitely in time. He created time. To truly understand the mystery, you must accept the evidence which is that nothing in nature happens all by itself, nor can you violate heat death and the exponential progression of conscience.

Click here (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/theism/cosmological.html) if you want to look deeper into this issue. Especially this article (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/quentin_smith/causation.html).

You're probably saying that I'm going to hell for all of this unless I come to Jesus. I don't see how you think this is going to convert me. The fact that I would respect a God that condemns free thought and uses extortion to get followers is something I find poisonous, and if the devil is, in fact speaking through me, he's speaking pretty damned logically.

In conclusion:

There is no God. There is no soul. There is no afterlife. Christianity CAN be dangerous and detrimental.
How is God extorting you? He is letting you freely choose Heaven or Hell; that is, to be with Him for eternity or to be with the Devil. Your choice. God doesn't condemn free thought. He wants you to think on these things, but realize at the end of the day you have received more than sufficient grace, so you are without excuse.

What I find poisonous is bearing false witness against God. You're violating Step 3 of the 4 Step Proof for God (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/perfectproof.htm). How is that logical? You give praise to the Devil where praise is not due. His is the father of lies and you are following right into his trap.

You can't escape the after-life by annihilation because you are made in God's image and resurrection is proven by the resurrection of Jesus Christ which you admit since you can find no naturalistic explanation to explain away the data. To God you are not instrumental value (means to an end), but intrinsic value (He loves you and wants the best for you and works all things together for your good).

You do have a soul: you have a mind, will and emotion. It's detrimental and dangerous to think otherwise. For sinful thoughts creep in.