PDA

View Full Version : I finally found it!

DD2014
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
The proof that Jesus lied.

Jesus must have lied in one of these verses. You get to choose for your self which one it is.

John 5:31 [Jesus speaking]If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Ok Jesus can't bear his own witness.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear witness of myself, yet my witness is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

But Jesus just said his witness for himself is not true?

John 8:18 [Jesus speaking] I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

So what is it?

InTruth
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
The proof that Jesus lied.

Jesus must have lied in one of these verses. You get to choose for your self which one it is.

John 5:31 [Jesus speaking]If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Ok Jesus can't bear his own witness.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear witness of myself, yet my witness is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

But Jesus just said his witness for himself is not true?

John 8:18 [Jesus speaking] I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

So what is it?
Try to understand what Jesus is saying in John 5.31. He is saying if He were only testifying on His own behalf without the Father, His testimony would be without necessary confirmation of harmony with the Father, for He came to testify with the Father. Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Trinity and the Father testifies also. This would be an argument against modalism.

Whereas in John 8.14 we see Jesus saying His testimony of Himself is true, obviously, since He is the 2nd Person of the Godhead.

Do you see the mistake you are making? You're taking one context and misapplying it to another context when they are talking about two different things. The first is talking about the harmony with the Father; the latter is talking about the authority Jesus has because He is God.

You're trying to too hard to fight God, because you are unwilling to give up control of self and the grip your outerman, Satan and the world have on you.