PDA

View Full Version : Something I can't stand...

MbBwG2
05-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Okay, I-first and foremost- want to say that I have no problem with any belief system whatsoever, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hindu, Buddhist, whatever, but something I cannot stand is unacceptance of these religions. I personally do not have a belief in God, and this is kinda why I'm here. I want to make sure that non-believers are not disrespected the way that we do not disrespect you.

Right, I do not believe in God, but does this matter? We are all people here, and I can't stand that people of any faith feud with each other in the way that they do, especially the frivolous arguing between believers and non-believers.

We, as a group of non-believers, CANNOT STAND when someone says that we are going to Hell for not believing.

We CANNOT STAND it when someone says they are going to Hell for having different beliefs such as Hinduism etc.

We CANNOT STAND it when someone says that, just because someone is homosexual, that they are going to Hell.

This is ridiculous. I think that anyone who says or believes these things, whether they believe in God or not, are the true forces of evil in this world. There is more than what you choose to accept, and I beg that you see this and re-examine yourself.

We, as non-believing philosophers, refuse to accept this ridicule.

Churchwork
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
It depends on what you mean by unacceptance. You should never accept a lie. But you can be tolerant of others. Why is it important to believe in God? Because the evidence proves God's existence. It is wrong to go against the truth and be disobedient to God. It's wrong to believe the earth is flat when it is round. For example, you might take the long way to get from point A to B in your ship.

Independency to God leads you down a wrong path inevitably. And since we are all sinners, we need salvation. There is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved than Jesus Christ. There is no other way to the Father except through the Son. You are going to Hell for not repenting, believing, and receiving what Jesus did for you on the cross; we are just repeating what Jesus said who spoke on Hell more than anyone else. He is God. He created you. He said if you are not for Him you are against Him.

If you can't stand this, I don't think you are being accepting of our religion, so you are double talking. On the one hand you say you need to be accepting, but then you are not accepting. You're not being tolerant. As to perverted behavior like homosexuality which Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, God will use nature from time to time to pass judgment on. You'll find they are not Christians; that is, they reject Christ.

How you respond to Christ in this life determines where you spend eternity. Whatever your idol may be, philosophy or something else, the bottom line is if you refuse the penalty for your sin that must be paid that Christ mercifully takes upon Himself, then you will pay for your sins by spending an eternity in Hell. God is eternally greater than you, so one small sin even separates you from Him. If that is what you want, that is what you get. God reconciles man back to Himself, whosoever is willing. If you are not willing, you go where you send yourself and have nobody to blame but yourself. God is simply providing the abode where you want to go. A loving God could never let you be with His own people, just like we can never let a person out of jail who belongs there for life. Should God's standards be less than ours?