PDA

View Full Version : I'm an Agnostic

Sazz
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, nice to come here. I'll mostly be browsing the forums for now, and I'll probably only post on occasion; I've mostly come here for the reading, at least for the first little while. I'm from Canada, and I'm here as some guy who hasn't actually joined a Christian forum, only read things online passingly. I'm an agnostic with strong atheist tendencies, but the idea of my agnosticism is that I don't actually know the truth about the universe. I don't know if I, or humanity, will ever really know the truth, but I guess we'll just have to see.

Churchwork
05-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't know if I, or humanity, will ever really know the truth, but I guess we'll just have to see.
Whereas I believe you know the truth, for I know you have a spirit of God-consciousness. The only reason you don't receive Christ into your life is because you have that choice. God will not prevent the creation of a person who will be saved because you don't want to be saved. The longer you wait to give your life to Christ the harder it gets so that the likelihood increases you never will. You are already way past the age of accountability (say somewhere between 8 and 13 years old), for you are 16 now. The reason I mention 13 is because Barne's Research did a study, and they came to the finding if you don't get saved by 13 it becomes rapidly more difficult to give it up for the Lord. We are creatures of habits. I even heard about Seminaries not accepting people once they hit 40 because they are so stiff in their thoughts by then. The age of accountability is when you first can be saved by your own free-will by grace through faith.

The only thing holding you back is your flesh: the sin of your body and self of your soul. God's verdict upon the flesh is it is utterly corruptible and must die, that is, your old man, on the cross with Christ; so what is not held down by death is that of resurrection for a new life. From there by being born-again, forgiven for all your wrongs, God will daily work in your spirit by the Holy Spirit.

Not only will you have a new innerman with God's life, but your mind will be renewed like never before. Your thoughts will be clearer, life will be brighter and hope will be greater for the promise of things you are assured yet to come. If you read these first 5 chapters (http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/SMCFP.htm), it's hard to believe you won't be born-again.