PDA

View Full Version : Religulous - Bill Maher

Finestwheat
01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
When Bill asked the actor playing Jesus what if he is wrong? I would have responded by saying the risk of me being wrong is negligible, but the risk of you, Bill, being wrong is an eternal punishment and damnation in Hell. The risk of you being right is also minuscule, whereas the benefit of me being right is eternal salvation and bliss. I have heard some non-Christians say well, we value life more because we know this is the only one we got then we will be annihilated. Whereas I would say, if you are going to be annihilated in the backdrop of eternity what does it matter whatever you do? If you know there are eternal consequences, then you will do the right thing in this life and not selfishly go after whatever your predisposition wants.

Bill tried to use the old technique of trying to claim there were other resurrection accounts, but as the "Refutation of Zeitgeist," Craig A. Evans and Gary R. Habermas proved in their scholarly work, there were no resurrections before Jesus.

Since Bill couldn't disprove the resurrection of Jesus that almost all skeptical scholars admit the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus resurrected, then if there is no alternative explanation, it mus be true. After all, this is not rocket science, but simple requirement there needs be a natural explanation that fits the data. What better proof for Jesus being God than the resurrection?