PDA

View Full Version : The Assumption of Calvinism

Nottheworld
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Some calvinists say free will is nonsense. Spurgeon said this. Calvin said it. But other calvinists teach man does have free will so we need to address their ideologies as well showing they are no less false as I speak to you about this same problem you have.

What the latter say is that man does have free will; he does make free choices, but that nobody chooses the cross because of total depravity, so your god, the god of calvinism, would pick some to cause them apart from their free will (like a robot and not truly repentant) to believe in the cross and not give others this salvation (also like a robot and unloving), much less the opportunity to have the choice. With opportunity comes the fact some receive the cross, but no opportunity is given in calvinism. Some are merely just made to believe while others not without reason.

I think the whole calvinism faith stems from one mistaken assumption which is total depravity. It is a legalism invented because I sincerely believe and have received from the Holy Spirit indicating it is a fruit not of God and is, unequivocally, a sign of unsalvation (and this is not the only reason for why as we can show the other points of calvinism also fall apart, proving they worship a false Christ).

The right question to ask is since total depravity does not exist in the Bible, why is it conjured up? Because it has to be introduced due to the root cause a calvinist has a real hard time accepting that though there is cause and effect of all things in nature, when it comes to man he is left to his own sovereign decision without God being the cause of our accepting the cross or not accepting it. God can convince and convict, but He never infringes on will. He predestines by foreknowing all things, including our free-choice.