PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Modalists

Churchwork
09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.triunegod.org/quotes/three.html#ii

Let's deal with these one by one, starting with the first one.

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Is. 9.6)

Everlasting Father hear does not refer to God the Father, but when you look at the lexicon it pertains to what?

"Originator and term of respect or honor, ruler or chief." Jesus is certainly that. Satan is the Father of lies, not God the Father.

Remember what I taught you about being overly legalistic with words. Let the Word breath and be flexible, all the while preserving God's Tripersonal nature to maintain the fellowship within the Godhead as a complex relational Being. I admit this takes humility to accept. If you don't have the Tripersonal God in your life, you don't have the complexity of the personableness of His 3 Persons working for you, but something else that is boringly modalistic.

Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Godhead incarnate, not the 1st Person incarnate. He is the fullness of the Godhead bodily, that is, all that God can be in the flesh. God with us!

Let me know if you understand this, so we can move onto the next item.