PDA

View Full Version : Are You Predestined for Hell?

Churchwork
05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
It's not that you are not predestined for hell, but that you are predestined to hell because you choose to reject God's truth of His way of saving souls.

It's not that you are not chosen for hell, but that God predestinated by foreknowing your free-choice.

"Come unto me" (Matt. 11.28). "He that will, let him take the water of life freely" (Rev. 22.17). "And him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6.37b). "But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1.12). Jesus encouraged Nicodemus to be saved, telling him, "whosoever believeth..." (John 3.16) shall be saved.

"For those whom he foreknew he also predestined" (Rom. 8.29). He predestinates those whom He foreknows.

The question for a calvinist always should be, how does He foreknow? Does He foreknow by making you a robot, or does He foreknow by being able to see your free-choice?

If God is constantly offering people the choice to receive Him and the cross, we must conclude then it is because He foresees our free-choice and He is not in vain telling people to come to the cross, otherwise He is being fake.

Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel were given the choice. And God is not having a conversation with Himself.

How do we (Christians) correctly understand Rom. 3.11, "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God"?

Nobody does seek after God, but by the grace of God, people are drawn to Him by being convinced, though not to cause some people to believe and others not without regard first for their choice.

"For the gifts and the call of God are irrevocable" (Rom. 11.29). Those God predestinates are called by His foreknowing their free-choice.

Praise God of the Bible! By grace are ye saved by faith, not of works-or ideology of calvinism-lest any man should boast.

Churchwork
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
"He that will" (Rev. 22.17) in coming to the cross as a helpless sinner in no way circumvents God's authority, sovereignty and will, but agrees with it. He that wills to assume he is saved without first repenting to the cross is doomed.

Obviously, the calvinist assumes first without repenting to remain in sin without repenting. Wow! So few words really hit the nail on the head. The calvinist pounds that nail deeper into to Jesus' wrists every time. How sad, for they know not what they do.

The question is why does the man thirst to come (John 7.37, Rev. 21.6)? Does he thirst because he is a robot and arbitrarily selected by God without regard for his choice (calvinism), or is it because God predestinated by foreknowing his free-choice (osas arminian), or is it because God predestinated by foreknowing his free-choice but he can still violate "irrevocable...call of God" (Rom. 11.29) and "they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand" (John 10.28)?

My choice, revealed to me by God and in agreement with His Word as proven, is the second one based on the evidence that God offers us the choice not in vain, and once He saves He says we will never lose that salvation.

Hallelujah!